All things related to the Xbox platforms

ROAD TRIP! Bismarck shows in stock. Let's go!

ROAD TRIP! Bismarck shows in stock. Let's go!
Better hurry or they'll be out before you get there. I see Best Buy has some online for order in package deals that seem to be available to order. One has a second controller as well, so I guess if you know you want a second controller or a certain game they may have options

Better hurry or they'll be out before you get there. I see Best Buy has some online for order in package deals that seem to be available to order. One has a second controller as well, so I guess if you know you want a second controller or a certain game they may have options
If you look you should be able to find the console on it's own.

If you look you should be able to find the console on it's own.
I didn't look too hard, I already got mine. Better get your order in then...

I didn't look too hard, I already got mine. Better get your order in then...
Nah, I will wait. Like nodle said not much games at the moment to make it a "have to have now" system. I am still catching up on old games. If it played old games I would not have hesitated. Like I said I do want it but can wait....not easily but I can.

Haven't sat down and played them yet, but I picked up the couple of Xbox One arcade type games that released recently. They are Peggle 2 and Max the Curse of Brotherhood.

Peggle was a fun little arcade game on the 360, and seems the new one is getting decent reviews.

Max: TCoB is a action/puzzle/adventure thing, based on the mobile Max and the magic marker stuff. Reviews have been mixed, mostly around drawing mechanics, which isn't surprising given people would be used to mechanics on a touch screen so I'd guess using a controller to do such things will take a bit of getting used to.

Also, Halo Spartan assault drops tomorrow I believe. I have it on my phone and Surface, but on screen analog sticks and buttons are still something I have to get more used to, so I think this will be a lot of fun on a console with a controller. It's a top down shooter, Contra style, and if you already own on a Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8 PC, you get it at a discounted price on the Xbox One.

That Max game I wanted to play, but then I heard bad reviews about it. :(

That Max game I wanted to play, but then I heard bad reviews about it. :(
Yeah, but like I said, mostly they seemed to not like the drawing mechanics in the ones I read. Something I'd assume a person can get used to, or that the devs could address in a patch

Back in stock at Amazon.

I got to see the new Just Dance game last night on the Xbox one. The Kinect seems way more accurate now. But the thing that really caught my eye was the new achievement unlock. I use to love them on the 360, but these even seemed more smooth.

Besides the max game the new Assassins Creed Black Flag is about the only other game I would get for it right now.

I think you would need Peggle 2 and Powerstar Golf (seriously) and also Zoo Tycoon (sarcasm - though I have this since it was discounted...). Also, Forza as I think you like those, and Ryse is fun. Haven't tried dead rising 3 yet, but I hear good things.

In total, I currently have:

• CoD: Ghosts

• Assassins Creed IV

• Lego Marvel Superheroes

• Forza 5

• Ryse

• Kinect Sports Rivals Pre-season

• Dead Rising 3

• Killer Instinct (just the free character)

• Zoo Tycoon

• Halo Spartan Assault

• Peggle 2

• Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

• Powerstar Golf

Though you may as well take the two free ones out of there. Not a big fan of fighting games like Killer Instinct (read this as I suck at them) and the Kinect Sports pre-season isn't much, hopefully the full game in April is a lot better...

@@ndboarder Do you know if they have a Assassins Creed demo on there for the new one?

@@ndboarder Do you know if they have a Assassins Creed demo on there for the new one?
I'm not sure, I'll have to check. I know there are some demo's, but not sure about AC IV. Doesn't look like Ubisoft created a demo for the 360, so I'm doubting there would be one for the Xbox One (or any system).

I must admit the water effect and sailing on the AC IV game looks amazing!

Os2jGvqh.png

I'm a little anxious to try AC: IV, but I've play 1 (as much as I could), completed 2 and Brotherhood and am somewhere partway through Revelations. I need to finish that and then get to AC 3 before I really want to pick up on 4

A friend of mine has AC:IV on the xboner. He is enjoying it. From what I've read and he also backs it up that the sailing and ship battles are much more fun on this game vs AC 3. On AC3, the ship battles were a pain in the ass.

Sometime in the last week, I saw an article where an analyst was guessing around 3 million PS4 units had sold and 2 million Xbox One units. Either that analyst is a moron or was a Sony fan. Apparently MS has confirmed that 3 million Xbox One's were sold to customers by end of 2013. So not just units shipped to stores, but actually sold.

Dunno if they still have them, but I know the Fargo Best Buy had 15-20 Xbox One units in stock on Friday evening.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/06/xbox-one-hit-3-million-sales-before-close-of-year/?ncid=rss_truncated

You can order them anytime on Amazon, they are always in stock.

Yeah, saw another article that mentioned the Xbox One is pretty widely available now (below). Would sure be interesting for Sony to give some specifics on whether they reached the 3 million mark before end of 2013 as they predicted. I'd guess so, but knowing the numbers would be fun to see. Given you still can't find a PS4, are they just having manufacturing issues (taking care perhaps of hdmi issue or heat issues some users saw), or is the manufacturing of the Xbox One just outpacing PS4 to have available units.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/looking-for-a-ps4-be-patient-sony-says/1100-6416907/

Back