Oil bust inevitable

Havn't updated here in a while. Gas has not gone up several times since the "nice" $2.99. Now $3.29.

I drove by the gas station tonight we are now at $3.29, it just $.20 cents today.

Looks to be going up to $3.39 here. A few have it at that so I am sure others will be by later today or tomorrow.

Yup, we just went up to $3.39 today. The China reopening is bringing up the oil prices.

Yup, we just went up to $3.39 today. The China reopening is bringing up the oil prices.
That's strange the Whitehouse just said it was because of the Republicans taking over the House and that is what's causing it.

People tend to focus on demand, but there is actually a supply issue at the moment. And it's going to get worse after the Chinese New Year more than likely.

So after the last fill up of gas I probably drove more than I realized but I swear it is going faster than ever. What if they found a cheap additive to make gas burn faster so we have to refuel more often? I mean with shrinkflation these days it would make sense.

So after the last fill up of gas I probably drove more than I realized but I swear it is going faster than ever.
Are you still using the mid grade stuff?

Well, you shouldn't see it burn fast unless you are using the cheapest stuff. I did the match a few times, the mid-grade is more, but you get more miles, so why you are paying more up front you will save miles. Last year, they changed the formula and I think it's now like somewhere around 30% ethanol vs the old 10%, so yes it won't last as long. Plus, it's better on your engine. But you are probably right with your conspiracy theory. The ultimate goal is to get gas cars off the roads.

Might want to top off the tank. WTI moving on up.

We went down to $3.29 here. Didn't see that coming.

I've read that gas stations are starting to switch to the summer blend gasoline now around the country.

I've read that gas stations are starting to switch to the summer blend gasoline now around the country.
I thought that was on for diesel?

I thought that was on for diesel?
No, there is a summer blend gas too. You get better mpg from it. However, you typically pay more for it as well.

No, there is a summer blend gas too. You get better mpg from it. However, you typically pay more for it as well.
I've never heard of it or have seen it before, just the standard three.

Well it's nothing that you select at the station. It's just different blend that they put in during the spring/summer season.

Back