Plants Won't Grow Near Wi-fi Router

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kinda interesting isn't it?

Five ninth-grade young women from Denmark recently created a science experiment that is causing a stir in the scientific community.It started with an observation and a question. The girls noticed that if they slept with their mobile phones near their heads at night, they often had difficulty concentrating at school the next day. They wanted to test the effect of a cellphone’s radiation on humans, but their school, Hjallerup School in Denmark, did not have the equipment to handle such an experiment. So the girls designed an experiment that would test the effect of cellphone radiation on a plant instead.
The students placed six trays filled with Lepidium sativum, a type of garden cress, into a room without radiation, and six trays of the seeds into another room next to two routers that according to the girls’ calculations, emitted about the same type of radiation as an ordinary cellphone.

Over the next 12 days, the girls observed, measured, weighed and photographed their results. By the end of the experiment the results were blatantly obvious — the cress seeds placed near the router had not grown. Many of them were completely dead. Meanwhile, the cress seeds planted in the other room, away from the routers, thrived.

The experiment earned the girls (pictured below) top honors in a regional science competition and the interest of scientists around the world.

According to Kim Horsevad, a teacher at Hjallerup Skole in Denmark where the cress experiment took place, a neuroscience professor at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, is interested in repeating the experiment in a controlled professional scientific environment.
http://www.waldorftoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/asset.dr_.dk-2.jpghttp://www.waldorftoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/cress-exposed.jpg

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Student_Science_Experiment_Finds_Plants_Won%E2%80%99t_Grow_Near_Wi-fi_Router/27584/0/0/0/Y/M.html

Hmm... maybe the wireless charging plate needs to be moved somewhere other than my nightstand so the phone isn't sitting so close every night.

I know we all laugh about this wireless stuff. But we are all addicted to it and it's everywhere! The technology is still so new, maybe the last 20 years? Maybe? Strange how cancer is on the rise also isn't it?

I've always been mindful of this, but it's difficult to completely eliminate. Half my living room's outlets are on a switch which I turn off before bed. The only thing near me is the clock radio and a fan which is 5 feet away.

Below is from: http://www.yourguidetogreen.com/learn/articles/Too-Wired-to-Sleep

Initial Steps to Create a Sleeping Sanctuary

1. Use battery devices near the bed or move all electric devices at least five feet from the bed.

2. Turn off bedroom-affecting circuits.

A restful sleep is necessary for health and a strong immune system. Electric fields can affect the bio-communication system, keeping you from sleeping soundly.

3. Eliminate or shield from radio frequency (RF).

Radio-frequency signals from portable phones, cell phones, and wireless devices have been shown to interfere with your body's immune system.

4. Use beds without metal.

Metal frames and metal box springs can amplify and distort the earth's natural magnetic field, which can lead to a non-restful sleep. Use natural materials.

5. Make sure there are no elevated magnetic fields.

Magnetic fields from appliances and building wiring can penetrate walls into a bedroom and disrupt your body's communication system.

Many children have computer workstations in their bedrooms, but regardless of where the computer workstations are located in your home, following are suggestions for making them electrically and magnetically safer.

• Create as much distance between you and your monitor, the tower and all power strips and transformers. Purchase extension cables and move all of these items out from under your desk at least 2-3 feet away from your knees and feet. Push the monitor as far back on the desk as you can while still reading text comfortably.

• Consider switching to a lower screen resolution, such as 640 X 480 pixels, so the text is bigger on your screen and you can sit further back.

• If you have a laptop, consider purchasing a separate keyboard to reduce electric field exposure.

• Replace the wireless mouse and keyboard with wired devices.

Back