Apple products and their iOS

do91pn2cdzl31.jpg

With iOS 13 coming out soon, I'll actually be interested in the built-in dark mode and swipe-to-type features. You can use a trick to replicate the dark mode, but it inverts colors of some pictures and other graphics as well and makes them look weird.

Also, I've been a fan of being able to swipe to type. I originally had Swype and loved it, but it's no longer available on iOS as of last year. I went to Swift key, but don't like it as much as it messes up much more and I find my self re-swiping many things, and it doesn't bring up emojis from typing the word as Swype did. With thrid party keyboard apps, they disable the voice to type ability, so I would guess they would build that in.

Also, I've been a fan of being able to swipe to type. I originally had Swype and loved it, but it's no longer available on iOS as of last year. I went to Swift key, but don't like it as much as it messes up much more and I find my self re-swiping many things, and it doesn't bring up emojis from typing the word as Swype did. With thrid party keyboard apps, they disable the voice to type ability, so I would guess they would build that in.
Dude I had no idea this feature was coming. I also was just like you and use use Swype and Swiftkey. But they always seemed so buggy. Man this is great news!

Why not use Gboard (google's keyboard) to have had swipe typing for ages on your phones before 13?

Why not use Gboard (google's keyboard) to have had swipe typing for ages on your phones before 13?
Is it available on iOS?

I had Swype around 5 years ago on the iPhone and liked it a lot. I think I tried Gboard but didnt like it much.

It’s out baby, and the Swype works great!

13.1 update out.

13.1.1 update out.

Another update out.

Update out!

Another update out.

iOS 13.4 out.

I no longer have my iMac. A coworker is to poor and doesn't have a computer, and with everyone staying home his daughter needed one to log into the school system. So since the iMac has everything built in I gave it to him.

Apple announces their new phone. Glad they learned that no one wants to spend a lot.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-se/
Looks like a nice budget option with the smaller screen. Will be interesting to see the new larger ones down the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple announces their new phone. Glad they learned that no one wants to spend a lot.
... more so that there is a budget market? It's not like they've been struggling to sell phones.

... more so that there is a budget market? It's not like they've been struggling to sell phones.
Well I think with their last phone introduction there were no cheaper options. The price just kept climbing. Some people don't need all the bells and whistles. Some want to get into the Apple phone world without the high price tag. I think they over produced the last phones and they didn't sell as well as they pleased. People finally drew the line in the sand with the price tag.

Back