All things related to the Xbox platforms

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Man can’t get my Xbox to update, tried last night and would get stuck at 80% over and over did all the troubleshoot Steph’s powered off, pulled power cable, did resets. Even did a full reset like Xbox recommended. Now when I go to check it shows no update available. Will have to check later today.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Man can’t get my Xbox to update, tried last night and would get stuck at 80% over and over did all the troubleshoot Steph’s powered off, pulled power cable, did resets. Even did a full reset like Xbox recommended. Now when I go to check it shows no update available. Will have to check later today.
Strange. Sorry, I know I know, but so sick, tired and just no well lately. Fell asleep on couch like OUT OUT until like 1:30...Mine showed no update last night but this morning it did and had no issue. Also had a controller update that showed last night.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Updated at lunch, everything was fine. Guess I should had been more patient last night.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone ever had achievements that did not show up on the Xbox? I have been playing Fallout 4 and have not seen one achievement come up, even though looking though them I have defiantly earned some. Anyways else ever experience this before, or know of a fix? I did check to make sure that I am logged in the Xbox network which I always am.

ndboarder

Works for Sony
Has anyone ever had achievements that did not show up on the Xbox? I have been playing Fallout 4 and have not seen one achievement come up, even though looking though them I have defiantly earned some. Anyways else ever experience this before, or know of a fix? I did check to make sure that I am logged in the Xbox network which I always am.
I've heard of these.  Generally I think it can be that there was some issue with communication to servers at the time they were earned, but could re-trigger at any time (though that might be up to the game) - or they are a bug with the game.  Generally these types of things are un-fun because either the game dev has to correct it, or you have to start over / repeat things and hope they work the next time around...  C Pav probably knows better than I about any other options that might help

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Ya, I have no clue what's going on with my Fallout 4 achievements on the Xbox. I thought to myself "maybe I haven't completed any", but then went to another site and yes, I have completed many. When I do some Googling it seems like a lot of other people have the same problem, but I can't really find a fix. So, I guess I will just have to live with it.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
I know the Xbox series X is engineered to distribute heat and all, but I noticed after a next gen game the machine gets pretty hot. I noticed when you turn it off the fans spins for a little but to push out the remaining heat, but not enough. So, I started looking at fans for the Xbox. There are quite a few makers, but I picked this one up below. It's just plugs in the back in the USB port and it's thermally controlled. When it heats up it will kick itself on and ramp itself up and then when it drops below 95 F it shuts itself off. My only two complaints are that the temperature display stays on after shutting off, and the fan could be a bit quieter. If not, for these two things it would be perfect. It does make a huge, huge, difference on temperature though.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
jason alexander wallet GIF

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up Fallout 4 game of the year edition tonight, I am hoping it will fix my achievements problem as well.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
So, I woke up this morning, and I had a thought. I wonder if something in my NextDNS is blocking something either with Microsoft or Bethesda API from calling back home and reporting the achievements. I am going to do some research when I get home today and try that out. I am just hoping that it still rewards all the ones that I have gotten so far.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
@nodle, guess I never asked but do you do your game pass rewards daily/monthly? Also all the microsoft/Bing account rewards? Easy ways to eanr towards Microsoft Gift cards. I have earned and redeemed/spent hundreds with the program since it started. I also do one for son since free money.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
@nodle, guess I never asked but do you do your game pass rewards daily/monthly? Also all the microsoft/Bing account rewards? Easy ways to eanr towards Microsoft Gift cards. I have earned and redeemed/spent hundreds with the program since it started. I also do one for son since free money.
No what am I missing here, or what do I do?