Stocks and investments

How's the market doing lately boys? I don't watch it anymore.

200.gif
Hanging in there pretty good so far. S&P over 4,000 which I didn't expect. Still think it will dip down again first quarter of next year before the fed gets done with the hikes completely.

fed gets done with the hikes completely.
Do you think they ever will though? I mean you're probably looking at summer before they do. Also, while I think it's working slowing spending, I think it's causing more harm than good.

Do you think they ever will though? I mean you're probably looking at summer before they do. Also, while I think it's working slowing spending, I think it's causing more harm than good.
Sure they will. Powell already hinted at slowing the hikes down, although today's hot jobs report might make him rethink that one. Throughout history the fed has always overdone it when it comes to rate hikes. When and if that happens again, they will have to course-correct (pivot). I can't say when but it will happen eventually.

The tech companies have been lowering their guidance big time lately. It's going to be an ugly first quarter 2023. This will force the feds hand a bit.

I read an article last night (can't find it now), talking about how pivotal this week will be for the market. Something about expiring this week?

I see they raised the interest rates again, there goes the market.

That market again this morning.

200.gif

Playing out as many predicted. Still have yet to hit my 3500 S&P mark. It rallied too fast. Maybe this time, during 1Q 2023.

Was going to mention, cd's are finally getting attractive. A three month cd is yielding around 4.3% for those seeking a safe way to make a little interest. You can either visit your local bank or use your investment platform (Schwab, Fidelity, etc).

Was going to mention, cd's are finally getting attractive. A three month cd is yielding around 4.3% for those seeking a safe way to make a little interest. You can either visit your local bank or use your investment platform (Schwab, Fidelity, etc).
I don't know man, cds went out when digital music came along.

200.gif

We had an investment guy come in today. Some of our guys were asking questions and they guy kept using phrases like 30 years ago, etc. He was trying to walk around the questions. I said what a new investor in the last couple of years. Ya, he didn't like that question. One thing I learned is how bad not only stocks have done recently but bonds as well last year. The only thing was his fees, you can do the same thing using online apps without all the fees. By the way, how is the market doing today?

200.gif

We had an investment guy come in today. Some of our guys were asking questions and they guy kept using phrases like 30 years ago, etc. He was trying to walk around the questions. I said what a new investor in the last couple of years. Ya, he didn't like that question. One thing I learned is how bad not only stocks have done recently but bonds as well last year. The only thing was his fees, you can do the same thing using online apps without all the fees. By the way, how is the market doing today?

200.gif
Very nice day so far, especially for certain individual stocks. Index's are going to struggle short term. It's a stock pickers market right now. If you only have broad funds, probably going to be under-performing for a few months. For long term investors who don't mind a little volatility, keep plugging away.

On a side note, I remember back in 07 or 08, we had a financial advisor come in during really a rough market period. He was talking about the historical average of the S&P of 8% gains and we were laughing because we hadn't seen that. It was negative year after year for a bit there. Well, I think the average is now up to 10 or 11% as we've been on a run since then and everyone's retirement funds have ballooned up. Don't let the short term noise distract.

With all this AI becoming big here in the future (like ChatGPT etc.), I was looking for some way to profit off of it. But I don't really know what you would invest in?

The market isn't doing jack today.

200.gif

Back