Stocks and investments

LOL ouch at the end of day market....curb stomped!

Janet Yellen's comments were the reason for the dump. She said they are not considering "blanket insurance" for all deposits. Market didn't like that.

The market Gods are angry this morning.

How many time have I posted on Flux about buying hard commodities?

WTF is going on today?

200.gif

I meant why is it down so bad today? The announcement of the president running again?

I meant why is it down so bad today? The announcement of the president running again?
lol no. Just fallout from disaster earnings from that shitcoin bank.

I am interested in those that invest. Have you even seen much growth at all this year? Since I have been back into it with all the ups and downs lately, I am basically at a flat line with no growth. Is it just me or has anyone had growth this year? I mean at this rate my money under my mattress would have made the same amount. Are the days of investing over for new investors?

I am interested in those that invest. Have you even seen much growth at all this year? Since I have been back into it with all the ups and downs lately, I am basically at a flat line with no growth. Is it just me or has anyone had growth this year? I mean at this rate my money under my mattress would have made the same amount. Are the days of investing over for new investors?
My retirement accounts which are all index funds are up 7.5% year to date. I'm very happy with that in this environment which is not stock friendly.

You need to think in years (decades), not days and months.

My retirement accounts which are all index funds are up 7.5% year to date. I'm very happy with that in this environment which is not stock friendly.

You need to think in years (decades), not days and months.
I understand that but you probably started years ago, which means you got in cheaper and have had things compound since then. As a new guy coming onto the scene, just starting out. I feel like it's almost impossible with the market these days. It reminds me of the last generation, the new generation will never be able to afford a home. I am starting to feel that was about the market as well. 

I understand that but you probably started years ago, which means you got in cheaper and have had things compound since then. As a new guy coming onto the scene, just starting out. I feel like it's almost impossible with the market these days. It reminds me of the last generation, the new generation will never be able to afford a home. I am starting to feel that was about the market as well. 
You won't make money with a doom and gloom attitude. If you don't believe your money will grow years down the line from money invested in the market today, there is no point to it for you. And that's ok. There are other things to invest in though. Find what what you like.

You won't make money with a doom and gloom attitude. If you don't believe your money will grow years down the line from money invested in the market today, there is no point to it for you. And that's ok. There are other things to invest in though. Find what what you like.
I know that, but pretend you're just starting out and are a new investor, or wanting to get into it. You are not a young guy and don't have time to wait out the market. Let's say we will split it and are 40 years old. If you pulled the market ups and downs for the last 2 years, would you have made any money from let's say January of last year, till today's date? 

The only reason is I see a lot of guys on forums just starting out saying they are not making anything in today's market. I know there are so many variables here based off what companies are investing your money in and their fees as well. 

I just know that the last Edward Jones guy that we had to come in for a visit said if you're 45+ years old it's too late to plan retirement now with the market were in. Those were his words. 

I know that, but pretend you're just starting out and are a new investor, or wanting to get into it. You are not a young guy and don't have time to wait out the market. Let's say we will split it and are 40 years old. If you pulled the market ups and downs for the last 2 years, would you have made any money from let's say January of last year, till today's date? 

The only reason is I see a lot of guys on forums just starting out saying they are not making anything in today's market. I know there are so many variables here based off what companies are investing your money in and their fees as well. 

I just know that the last Edward Jones guy that we had to come in for a visit said if you're 45+ years old it's too late to plan retirement now with the market were in. Those were his words. 
There is a reason why Edward Jones has a bad reputation haha. You need to realize that people are living longer and longer. 40'ish years old is nothing.

Back