Amazon Prime price increase

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sucks. I was expecting maybe a $5 increase but that's quite the jump! :eek:

We are writing to provide you advance notice that the price of your Prime membership will be increasing in 2015. Your 2014 annual renewal will remain at the original price of $79. On January 3, 2016, your membership will renew at $99/year.Even as fuel and transportation costs have increased, the price of Prime has remained the same for nine years. Since 2005, the number of items eligible for unlimited free Two-Day Shipping has grown from one million to over 20 million. We also added unlimited access to over 40,000 movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video and a selection of over 500,000 books to borrow from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library.

It isn't that bad. Extra $20 a year. If you watch/read much through their service or use the 2 day delivery frequently it's still worth it. I'm actually surprised it wasn't more of a hike.

Assuming you have the basic Netflix streaming plan, you are paying nearly that ($95+) before any taxes for just streaming video content.

It isn't that bad. Extra $20 a year. If you watch/read much through their service or use the 2 day delivery frequently it's still worth it. I'm actually surprised it wasn't more of a hike.Assuming you have the basic Netflix streaming plan, you are paying nearly that ($95+) before any taxes for just streaming video content.
You're the reason why Amazon increases their service. We need to say no and make a stand. Kidding, but yeah comparatively, it's still a good deal, but sucks that it's increasing.

They were considering 119/month I heard

Everything's increasing, the golden age of the internet was gone a while ago. My child hood was spoiled with a uprising economy, good gas prices, endless internet, optimistic society, etc... Now it's all going downhill.

I'm not saying that price increases don't suck, but it's reality. They haven't raised prices for it in 9 years (it probably wasn't worth $80 / year 9 years ago though) and prices of shipping certainly have gone up. It sucks, but it's not a sustainable business model for them to take a loss on their service offerings either.

Back