Vehicle leather care

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I take pretty good car of my vehicle, from washing to waxing to armor all my dash, but one thing I have been slacking on is my leather seat maintenance. I don't have any cracks or anything, but I did research on how there is leather cleaner (cleans marks and oils off your seats) then there is conditioner (adds vitamin E and aloe and UV inhibitors to your leather). I picked up some nice stuff from The Chemical Guys, and it really did bring life back into them. So I will keep up on this more often now. I went years without doing anything. A cheap investment to prevent damage.

Well, it happened. I don't know how but we got a small cut in our leather driver's seat. Honestly, I think it's a natural tear from where the leather bends when you sit in the seat. It's not bad under a half an inch long. I was looking online at leather repair kits etc. but then found this stuff:

Murdoch's – Tear Mender - Instant Fabric & Leather Adhesive (murdochs.com)

DesktopPdpHeroImage.png

It worked well and is still flexible. It was in a strange spot by the saddles. Basically, liquid latex. 

I bought a better leather repair kit off Amazon a couple of weeks ago. It worked really well. The stuff above ended up coming lose. The stuff from Amazon hardened more.

Back