Stocks and investments

Hopefully no individual Netflix stock holders here. Ouch.

[QUOTE='jmanz]Hopefully no individual Netflix stock holders here. Ouch.
[/QUOTE]I like how they tried blaming that on shared accounts. Or it's because there are so many other competitors out there like Disney+, Paramount, and HBOmax. Or quit producing crap, make good stuff, and get good series. 

'nodle]I like how they tried blaming that on shared accounts. Or it's because there are so many other competitors out there like Disney+ said:
I think it is just more competition now mainly. As the economy tightens, instead of having all of the streaming platforms, choices will be made.

[QUOTE='jmanz]I think it is just more competition now mainly. As the economy tightens, instead of having all of the streaming platforms, choices will be made.
[/QUOTE]Agreed, remember when they were the only one? They had the entire market, now most companies have split and taken their series/movies with them.

Nice earnings beat by Tesla after the bell. Doing very well in the tough supply chain environment.

Getting worse and worse lol.

Netflix has been garbage since they gave into the movie industry and stopped having anything even close to recent DVD releases on their service.  They have some series that are OK, but not many, and people will just sign up for a month to binge and cancel for that.  Why do you think Stranger Things 4 is going to be partially in May and then another part later (July?).   They are at a big disadvantage now when compared to something like Disney+, that also has an occasional compelling series, but also gives access to new movies soon after theater, if not at the same time.

She’s going down down baby..

200.gif

Fed members speaking today of course to cool off the Nasdaq.

[QUOTE='jmanz]Fed members speaking today of course to cool off the Nasdaq.
[/QUOTE]I was wondering, talk about timing huh?

What an absolute bloodbath today, after 3 years I am only $10 of my initial investments. I should had bought sports card like @C Pav and been better off. Any chance this is going to get worse come Monday?

[QUOTE='nodle]What an absolute bloodbath today, after 3 years I am only $10 of my initial investments. I should had bought sports card like @C Pav and been better off. Any chance this is going to get worse come Monday?
[/QUOTE]Market will likely go down more as the fed aggressively tightens to fight inflation. It is demand destruction basically. Fed trying to slam on the brakes to slow down people buying things through higher interest rates. This will also slow down business earnings as people buy less "stuff", probably will lay off workers etc. Hopefully not leading to a bad recession but it is possible. It's the cycle of things once in awhile.

'jmanz]Market will likely go down more as the fed aggressively tightens to fight inflation. It is demand destruction basically. Fed trying to slam on the brakes to slow down people buying things through higher interest rates. This will also slow down business earnings as people buy less "stuff" said:
So you are saying sell everything come Monday, or ride it out?

[QUOTE='nodle]So you are saying sell everything come Monday, or ride it out?
[/QUOTE]I'm just saying it will go down further in my opinion. Especially tech which is out of favor right now. The problem is, when this cycle changes (and it will eventually) tech flies up fast. Trying to time things is usually a losing battle.

I am just going to ride it out but I have made some adjustments. Also, I would recommend buying some on big dips. Who doesn't like a sale?

I don't plan on moving the stock money for 20+ years so this is but a small blip on the radar.

Well, I have noticed that sometime Mondays bump up really fast, so I still have hope. I am not quite negative yet but hanging on by a thread.

Back