What's new

Game Review: Ravenlok

C Pav

Well-known member
Member
I don't get much time to play games anymore so look for fun and "quick" games where I can play short sessions when time allows.

I recently finished Ravenlok which is on Game Pass for XBox. It's available on all platforms I believe but XBox is my main preferred system to play.

Graphics/Art - It's a very colorful game which uses a pixel style of art. Bright vibrant colors make it a joy to watch. The worlds, characters and enemies are well done with a nice modern pixel art style.

Gameplay - I enjoy RPGs and usually prefer turn based but if real time action hack and slash is well done it's a plus in my book. That is what this game offers. Main, and only, weapon is a sword. You also get a shield but I never used the block beyond the training part. Hack and slash with the X button, Dash with the B button...are the main buttons I used. You do gain special moves as you go. 4 special moves use the RB, LB, RT and LT. You can also use health potions and bombs by using the D-Pad. Special moves recharge after use.

Leveling is done by gaining feathers which you use at the level "shone" booth. Max level is 20. You also collect coins to buy potions and bombs plus I think an accessory or 2. You can find hats to wear that give some attribute boosts. Last is hidden rabbit statures you collect by dancing next to then turn in for items at a toy rabbit collector.

Story - Good story that starts out at the farm your family just moved to. You help out learning controls doing tasks at the family farm. You then unlock the barn and talk to a character from the workd that needs help to save them in their world from the evil queen. You go through the mirror and are in the main world helping the animals of that world. Good flow and enjoyable. You do unlock mirrors for fast travel which should/could go in gameplay.

Overall a very fun and enjoyable game I rate a must play. Not long, never dull or boring and was enjoyable to finishs and get 100% in.
 
Last edited:
She doesn't look too bad, I have never even heard of it until you posted it.

 
Back
Top