The next generation

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am fearful to see what the world will be like for the next generation of kids. The new working class don't want to work anymore. They want these high lifestyles like they see on Instagram and other social media, but they just want it given to them. The last couple of younger people don't last but a few weeks and then leave to go do something else that isn't 'hard'. Another story that comes to my head is my boss, he can't find anyone to move his irrigation pipe. They are wheel lines not hand lines. So it's just a matter of starting a motor and walking beside it till it gets in position and then shut it off and turn the water back on. He always tries to give a high school boy the summer job to make some cash during summer break. He was telling me he was giving them $20 an hour with no taxes and it was only 2-4 hours a day. Each kid he hires doesn't care about the money and just never shows up or calls off all the time. I'm like that is good money for a high school kid. Most of the business can't find help around here because everyone is lazy and no one wants to really work. No wonder they all want Democrats in there to give them false promises. Don't get me wrong, I personally think minimum wage is to low for today's living standards, but it doesn't matter if they raise it, prices around you just raise as well. Just an endless cycle. Along with this laziness comes the loss of quality and customer service. You see it no mater which retail store you go into it. You always mutter it under your breath. That is why online is getting bigger and bigger, you no longer have to deal with all the idiots. No one even says high in a checkout anymore, no one talks. I sometimes remain quite just to see if the color haired girl will say a simple 'hello', nope nothing, not even a thank you. Thoughts?

Think you nailed it. Bunch of entitled slackers that think everything should just be handed to them. Shouldn't need to put in effort. Should get top pay the day they start, no need to have experience, work up past people that have been around longer, can take off whenever they want for however long on a whim.

It's a generalization and not all of them are that way, and there's some older folks that are the same. I know some 20 somethings that will work hard (and have got somewhere) and then some that have nothing and it's from that kind of attitude. I blame their parents...

It's a generalization and not all of them are that way, and there's some older folks that are the same. I know some 20 somethings that will work hard (and have got somewhere) and then some that have nothing and it's from that kind of attitude. I blame their parents...
Yup guess I should had added this. We have one kid working for us this summer has been for the last 3 years in high school. The kids works as hard or harder than others. There are still good people out there, but the idea to fall into laziness with everyone else is overwhelming. Shoot I even find myself wanting to do it. Your right though @ndboarder I believe it up to the parents to raise them and push them to have character in their work performance. Show up early and on-time each day, be polite, be thankful etc. It really defines a man.

Two ways in life, earn more or require less. Too many people chase the former.

Back