What's new

Headlight replacements.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Member
Ordered some new headlights for my truck old ones were very yellow and cloudy (which I tried to actually clean with one of those headlight restoration kits). Got them in the mail tonight and went out there. Spent maybe a total of 20 minutes and replaced everything. Here is the kicker they even came with new turn signal bulbs and headlight bulbs. Not generic ones either but Sylvania. Here I was going to order new ones too. Those alone cost about $21. Total I have into it? $47 for both housings and 20 minutes of my time. Amazing!
 
I went out and tested these last night. I shined them against the garage door and they are perfectly aligned straight out of the box also.
 
I have never replaced the bulbs in my pickup truck headlights before. I never really drive it at night either, but a few weeks ago I did and noticed how weak my headlights were. I have had some bulbs in my Amazon cart for a few years now, but noticed they had some LEDs on sale on Amazon. They did not require a wiring harness, just a direct drop in. They were also cheaper than the glass style bulb. So, I ordered them and installed them last night. Man, what a HUGE difference. It looks like pure white light now, no more yellow color and amazingly brighter. Well worth the upgrade.
 
Back
Top