How to build a dry well

jthock

Reaction score

been kinda obsessed with small projects like this around the house. admittedly, this was a little tougher than I thought it would be, with the post hole digging

but I put in 4 holes with gravel and it worked like a charm to get the standing water out. really simple "easy" solution that does a great job

I have been walking around boasting about my "vertical drainage system" as a joke. it's just holes with gravel and cloth lol

been kinda obsessed with small projects like this around the house. admittedly, this was a little tougher than I thought it would be, with the post hole digging

but I put in 4 holes with gravel and it worked like a charm to get the standing water out. really simple "easy" solution that does a great job

I have been walking around boasting about my "vertical drainage system" as a joke. it's just holes with gravel and cloth lol

You should looke into dry sumps. Take a piece of ADS culvert, 12" or the bigger the better, drill holes in it, then dig about a 5'-6' hole with an extra 6" around it. Wrap it in felt fabric, then install a 3/4" clean material around the outside and bottom. It will hold a tons of water and disperse into the ground.

nice i will try that, I have lots of areas in our big back yard that are soggy

i also was going to try out a milk crate, buried with some liner or something around it. i will definitely look into your dry sump idea next and will let u know how it goes

This is sort of what I am talking about using the ADS pipe, they are tying their gutter system into it.