What's new

Hy-Brasil - the other Atlantis

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Member
I did some reading on this last week and it really intrigued me. What's so amazing about it is how many people claimed to visit it and how it use to be on so many maps. It really is a mystery. If you have some time it's a very interesting read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasil_(mythical_island)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I read about this place all night, some facts that I found very interesting. First off the shape depicted in the maps was a circular island with a river that flowed though it. It is the same flag that the modern day Brazil uses as their logo. Plus of course the two names matching. Also whats interesting it is said that they island only appears once ever 7 years and it's shrouded by mists. You would thing this would all just be a myth, but with all the map depicting it and all the people that visited it, it does seem like an actually place even more real than Atlantis.
 
I wish that I was a retired rich person, I would so go on hunts looking for these places.
 
Reminds me of this island disappearing off the coast of Australia recently.

 
Back
Top