Lets discuss Barbecuers

Looks like everyone is recommending Santa Maria seasoning for tri tip.

I recently ran out of my good tri tip seasoning, so I thought I would try some new spices. Big mistake, it wasn't good at all. Thankfully I was able to find my good stuff and ordered some more.

Ok here is my recipe for the perfect tri-tip.

• Pull tri-tip out and use the Bourbon Expresso Spice Rub. Make sure to coat both sides of tri-tip along with the 4 edges as well. Make sure to load heavy and pat into meat.
  • Toss tri-tip on Treager and set temp to 225F. (Normally takes anywhere from 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on the outdoor temp).
  • I use my Meater + to monitor but cook until (140 medium rare) or (145 medium). Let the meat rest for approximately 5 minutes.
  • Slice and enjoy

I had some killer tri-tip last night at a graduation party. I talked to the guy, and he first brined it overnight, then smoked it in a smoke then cooked it on a barbecue. Dam it was excellent.

So, I might try to smoke my tri-tip first this weekend. Probably do it for 2 hours on smoke. Then I will turn the heart up and finish it through. I want to see how it will turn out. I just don't want to dry it out too bad first. I might just do an hour first. I am going to read online today and see what they recommend.

I tried smoking my tri-tip for about an hour and 15 minutes before I turned up the heat and finished it out. I was worried it would be dried out, but the inside was plenty of moisture. I think it gave it better flavor myself and had a slight smoke ring inside the meat. But this is going to be different each time. The one I bought was pretty thick this time around, normally I buy a less thick one. So, the smoking time will vary. I think doing a 2-hour smoke though on even a smaller tri-tip wouldn't dry the meat out.

My neighbor down the road recently got a Blackstone grill. Man, she has been cooking on it every single night. My wife has her on friends on Facebook, and man it's like a hibachi over there.

My neighbor down the road recently got a Blackstone grill. Man, she has been cooking on it every single night. My wife has her on friends on Facebook, and man it's like a hibachi over there.
Yeah they are kind of funny to watch with their oils and stuff. Great for breakfasts.