What's new

Planting trees and shrubs

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Member
Well today we planted some trees. I originally just wanted 4 to begin with. We ended up with 13 today and now need 2 more to finish them off. So many varieties out there to choose from. I am really surprised at all the fruit trees that can be grown around here. The back 4 trees went in decent. But dam the sides we hit some tough gravel. Quite a bit of work. Now I am sore. They are a little spendy but add value to your property and privacy. This is the perfect time of year to plant especially with all the rain we have been getting this week. Hopefully try to get the rest in tomorrow before the rains come. Excited to see how they grow in the future.
 
Got the other 8 in the side yard today with some Family members. Only two more out to try to get planted today, and need to pick up another 2 to finish.
 
We had a bad winter storm come though here awhile back. I am kinda worried that I may loose a couple of trees. They were in full bloom but then the storm hit and bent them over real bad with snow, I did what I can, but hopefully they will pull though.
 
Whelp was back out this weekend, planting more shrubs. My parents gave me 5 tall grass shrubs to plant. The problem was the root wads were pretty wide, so when I dug the holes, I also had to go wide with the holes to accommodate the wide base. Plus, it was hot outside as well. I got them put in then, then wrapped them with bagged compost and watered them in. I will probably spend the next couple of weeks giving them plenty of water. I guess Summer is here ughhhhh...

 
This is basically my new summer pastime. Find a lot of peace from doing this. My mom and I have planted hydranges, geraniums, tulips, all kinds of bushes and now I have planted a small pine tree and a small apple tree. I will post pics later this year once the bloom comes - I built a chicken wire dome over it to protect it from bunnies and deer this year. We are gonna do another project this year, but I don't know what

love reading about your projects, please post pics next time you do some work!
 
Whelp was back out this weekend, planting more shrubs. My parents gave me 5 tall grass shrubs to plant. The problem was the root wads were pretty wide, so when I dug the holes, I also had to go wide with the holes to accommodate the wide base. Plus, it was hot outside as well. I got them put in then, then wrapped them with bagged compost and watered them in. I will probably spend the next couple of weeks giving them plenty of water. I guess Summer is here ughhhhh...
and here it comes again! watch out!
 
Ya every year I try to at least plant some sort of bush or tree. Even if I am no longer around, I hope my kids will appreciate them someday.
 
Back
Top