Ruger Precision Rimfire

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Say hello to my little friend!

top.jpg

https://ruger.com/products/precisionRimfire/models.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYofOektTgI have been wanting one since they have got released about a year ago. Every time I go into a store I look to see if they have one in stock. Finally most store have them. I was out of town over the weekend with my dad and some store had them in stock but one store had it for $20 off. I knew I wanted one so I picked one up. Next gonna grab a bi-pod for it. I also might grab a new scope or reuse another of mine. Should be fun this summer. Cheap ammo.

Ordered the Magpul bi-pod yesterday, now onto a scope!

I never released buying a scope would be so tough. I am looking at specific models that are made specifically for rim fires. There are a few out there, but I am trying to stick with a high power model along with a 40mm lens. I don't want to go any bigger. Looking at the Vortex and Nikons.

Nice, a friend of mine recently purchased a 22 mag and 17 hmr, mostly for his kids, but they do have good ballistics and easy to shoot like laser beams since the recoil is next to nothing. Remember, shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.

Ruger has been coming out with some nice stuff, I really like the idea of the 300 win mag in the same line as these, but very heavy.

I really like the idea of the 300 win mag in the same line as these, but very heavy.
Ya I think I would like to get a 6.5 Creedmoor in their precision line. Apparently they way the rimfire is designed with the bolt, trigger, and stock being somewhat the same they are a great training gun (ammo being cheaper) for their larger brother.

Well I had my mind set on a Black Friday scope for this, but they were completely sold out when I got there. :( Back to the drawing board.

My Dad came over and we got my scope mounted today. It's really a nice scope.

Tried out the rifle for the first time, along with sighting in the scope. I can group a dime at 50yds easily. Then the wind started to pick up. Would had liked to had tried at 100yds.

I liked the Talon Grip so much I bought one for my Ruger Precision as well.

I love Talon Grips, makes any plastic surface instantly much better. You should also look into buying their uncut sheets. You can customize areas to put on as well. Just use masking or painters tape and cover the area you want the grips, then trace the area you want, transfer the tape onto the blank grip sheets and cut out.

Took the rifle out yesterday. Had a nice evening of no wind. Tried out a few different types/brands of ammo. The rifle likes the subsonic stuff. Was punching holes in holes fairly easy at 50 yds.

Back