Stocks and investments

Man, I haven't seen a day like that in a long time. Buckle up boys it isn't over. Do you know that it is going to get worse, right? I know you were joking about your retirement, but for people that just started saving only a few years ago, it's about to zero out soon.

'nodle]Man said:
Well if people just started saving a few years ago, they have a lot of time to continue saving, and any drops will be an opportunity to buy in cheap.  If someone started saving a few years ago with plans to retire soon, they did it very, very, very wrong

[QUOTE='ndboarder]If someone started saving a few years ago with plans to retire soon, they did it very, very, very wrong
[/QUOTE]This is what I meant. You would had had to have started at least 10 years ago, anyone since then, or in the last 2 years, you are just spinning your wheels. I got into stocks about 3 years, and while playing with penny stock for the fun of it, and having separate safe stocks set aside. Even my safe stock has completely flatlined. this year. Point I am making unless you got into it awhile back, there is no hope for anymore wanting to start now. Think about the next generation, you might as well forget about it because all their money to set aside will go for rent and food.

[QUOTE='nodle]This is what I meant. You would had had to have started at least 10 years ago, anyone since then, or in the last 2 years, you are just spinning your wheels. I got into stocks about 3 years, and while playing with penny stock for the fun of it, and having separate safe stocks set aside. Even my safe stock has completely flatlined. this year. Point I am making unless you got into it awhile back, there is no hope for anymore wanting to start now. Think about the next generation, you might as well forget about it because all their money to set aside will go for rent and food.
[/QUOTE]Boarder is right. Now regarding the market, it will be short term pain but I will say....as soon as the fed starts to get dovish again, after raising rates....the market will be off the races again. Even the slightest hint of Jerome saying they will pause or even cut rates (possibly late next year) will send things way up. Or if the 2 year note starts dropping would be another tell.

I recall many years ago, maybe he was blowing smoke up skirts, @nodle saying "f saving for retirement"...

'jmanz]Boarder is right. Now regarding the market said:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/Nw8z2olm0nGHC/200.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE='nodle]You know as well as I that you have a least 2 more years of this until a political change happens in the Whitehouse. The whole point of what's going on right now it to burn it all to the ground before it gets there, so that there is no recovery.
At this rate you won't have one as well.

[/QUOTE]Meh maybe... We have "a little..." in a high interest savings account plus more spread all over the place.

Could sell my cards and video games and retire now I suppose.

[QUOTE='C Pav]Could sell my cards and video games and retire now I suppose.
[/QUOTE]This right here as held more value. No seriously. 

@C Pav could speak more definitively on this subject than me, but it sure seems like prices on individual cards have come down quite a bit from the stimulus days, on ebay at least. I was flipping for fun back then and it was crazy. Cards that I was selling for $800 then are around the $250-300 range now. I know it depends on the player but....what are you seeing @C Pav

[QUOTE='jmanz]@C Pav could speak more definitively on this subject than me, but it sure seems like prices on individual cards have come down quite a bit from the stimulus days, on ebay at least. I was flipping for fun back then and it was crazy. Cards that I was selling for $800 then are around the $250-300 range now. I know it depends on the player but....what are you seeing @C Pav
[/QUOTE]It's a strange time. Yes cards are selling for less. At peak were some very stupid and manipulated prices. THat stupidity is coming down big time. Now it's back to who is super hot and what's new. Sad is card companies are increasing production as well as price but the quality is dropping. Dumb pwople are still somehow still buying product at these high prices.

Started off good, then ended in flames.

That market! No one listens to me.

200.gif

[QUOTE='nodle]That market! No one listens to me.

[/QUOTE]About what? I said long ago that we are going back down to at least 3500-3600 on the S&P. Still a ways to go to get down to attractive levels again.

Get ready to plummet boys!

LOL yep, market was up doing good then BOOM, tanked hard fast.

No market for the next couple of years like I have said.

This really shows you how by one is spending money anymore.

Back