The Gate

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this movie? It came out in 1987 and I always hear people talking about it. I was wondering if it’s any good?

Kids left home alone accidentally unleash a horde of malevolent demons from a mysterious hole in their suburban backyard.
IMG_3483.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally forced myself to watch this last night. I think I came out of it meeting my expectations for what it was going to be. It’s pretty cheesy of a movie. I think for the time it looks like they had some decent special effects. I see what people like it though. I think it’s mostly the feeling you get from the movie just centering around the house and the characters. I can finally mark it off my list.

Pretty sure this was a favorite movie for my wife as a child. I'll double check that.

Pretty sure this was a favorite movie for my wife as a child. I'll double check that.
HAHA wtf? Seriously?

the gate horror GIF by absurdnoise

Yup I checked with her, that's the one.

Yup I checked with her, that's the one.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Honestly it's not a very well known show, kinda a hidden cult classic.

I have been thinking about this movie all day today. As cheesy as it was and thinking about it, the more I realized how much I actually enjoyed it. I don't quite understand it. I don't know if it's the 80's nostalgia, the simplicity of the filmmaking or what it was. I see why it's a cult classic. If anyone has any other movie recommendations that are similar, I would love to hear them.

By the way this is free to watch on Plex, and I think I read on Amazon Prime as well, but I can't verify.

Such a cool poster.

IMG_5923.jpeg

Back