Oil bust inevitable

Went up another 10 cents here, $3.29 per gallon.

Oil prices falling pretty good, but prices haven't budged at the pumps yet.

Me and @jmanz had a nice talk about this. The game is going to change coming up, the one thing that isn't is the players. You will/are starting to see these gas companies invest in these power companies. People have this wild idea that switching to all these electric vehicles will save them so much money on gas. It will for a short time at first. You will see all these incentives to switch over at the beginning. The same as they offered to the early adopters of solar or L.E.D. fixtures. But when they get everyone hooked you will see the prices of electricity sky rocket. Their excuse will be "Well we have to raise it to fulfill the demand of all these electric vehicles". They won't be lying either. The whole system is nothing more than a tetter totter. One goes down the other comes up. The future is no difference than it is now, your just tricked and sold an alternative reality to make yourself think you are saving, when all your doing all along is lining the same companies pockets.

Here;s my take to add to the above. FIrst is they are all about saving the world, nature and all that due to environment being destroyed. Tell me how the materials for the cars, especially batteries, are made. How about wind turbines? Next let's talk real world battery and electronic usage in extreme conditions. Living here in the north winters will kick those in the nuts.

So the future is all wind energy and other "natural" means. To support this we are going to have a wind turbine on every square foot of land? No wind today now what? SO amny other things I can't think of at the moment.

I agree with the above, cheap now but then will rise and rise and rise.

Look, mixing in different energy sources is good but their attempt to just hit at it RIGHT NOW like some of the day 1 things that were signed in is just stupid.

I wanted to chime in on the infrasture that all this will take as well. Think of all the buried electrical cable that all these electric vehicles will have to have installed. I don't know if they can just plug in or if they require higher ampage like 230v? All of this will require more and more cables run, along with substations and major power grids having to accommodate the loads.

The thing that really got me was how dirty the batteries are to mine for their resources and potential waste after their use. Most companies claim that the batteries get recycled and such, but that's always in theory, I'm sure there will be a lot that get wasted, explode, leak. etc...

The thing that really got me was how dirty the batteries are to mine for their resources and potential waste after their use. Most companies claim that the batteries get recycled and such, but that's always in theory, I'm sure there will be a lot that get wasted, explode, leak. etc...
Ya I agree, I can't imagine all that battery acid fluids leaking out in the landfills. It's going to turn into an environmental mess.

Ya I agree, I can't imagine all that battery acid fluids leaking out in the landfills. It's going to turn into an environmental mess.
Of course, I'm sure they plan and will have laws to recycle everything they can. One thing that I always go by -for every action, there is an opposite or equal reaction.

Well gas dropped here ten cents, at $3.19 now. Problem is oil jumped up today again. Seems like the prices go up faster than they drop.

Well gas dropped here ten cents, at $3.19 now. Problem is oil jumped up today again. Seems like the prices go up faster than they drop.
Ours hasn't dropped a dime; in fact, I think I say it raise the other day to $3.44.

Ours hasn't dropped a dime; in fact, I think I say it raise the other day to $3.44.
I'm seeing $3.42 at your Exxon according to Gas Buddy. :cool:

I'm seeing $3.42 at your Exxon according to Gas Buddy. :cool:
Sweet, I can add that to my 15 cents saving on hotdogs from July. At this rate i'll be rich! Disregard the 6.2% inflation rate this year alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in/near a college town, the gas is expensive. 20 miles south of here, gas is currently $2.59. I fill there when I'm traveling through.

Gas dropped ten cents to $3.09 here today.

Back