The rise and fall of Guitar Hero & Rock Band

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Here awhile back we were in an arcade and in the corner, they had the arcade version of Guitar Hero. My Daughter asked about it and I tried to explain it to her what it was all about. You know these were great games. I think most of the members here can agree that we all loved these types of games. Then came Rock Band and even more instruments. These were great times in gaming. I had such a blast back then and was sad that my daughter will never get to experience the fun. My first experience was going over to @C Pav house and playing it. In fact, I left there, went up to Walmart and purchased it that day. We used to have friends over and play Rock Band all the time. In fact, I think @jmanz came for a visit and we got our bandanas on lol. Does anyone else miss these games? Why did they die out so fast? Does anyone else miss those days?

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Yep, great memeories for sure. I remember that day at lunch you coming over and trying it out.  Then the time playing it at your house when wife and I came down there. Rock Band we played that one Halloween at your place. We did get it out a few times when our oldest son got interested but a pain to pull out and get setup on the old 360.

ndboarder

Works for Sony
I spent a lot of time (and money) on Rockband games and additional songs.  It's not often, but the guitars still get pulled out and played on rare occasion.  

C Pav

I do have a complaint. THe long term issues with the instruments breaking. I know 1 guitar I have never really was "right". Also the drum set and the cheap plastic. Mostly the tightening devices for the legs if you want to raise or lower them. Mine broke and I trid my best to superglue them but sucks since can't fix or replace.

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
I do have a complaint. THe long term issues with the instruments breaking. I know 1 guitar I have never really was "right". Also the drum set and the cheap plastic. Mostly the tightening devices for the legs if you want to raise or lower them. Mine broke and I trid my best to superglue them but sucks since can't fix or replace.
Didn't before I move, I gave you all my stuff for it. I know that I had an extra drum set I had purchased as a backup. Do they not sell the items anymore?

C Pav

Didn't before I move, I gave you all my stuff for it. I know that I had an extra drum set I had purchased as a backup. Do they not sell the items anymore?
Yep I have all the awesome stuff you gave me stored away. I guess I meant my main xbox version I had. Have not checked the ones you gave me. I know they are the Playstation ones though.

Finding instruments is difficult and very expensive.