iPhone text edit cursor control by long pressing space bar

ryanator

Reaction score
Came across this tip the other day, this has been something that always frustrated me, but never knew you could do it. This is specifically for the iPhone, but heard it works in some variations for others as well.

When you want to edit text, you can long press the space bar and then swipe your finger in any direction to move a cursor to precisely position it anywhere. You can then with another finger press anywhere on the keyboard to start selection mode, swipe left or right to select what you want to edit.

Yup, comes in handy if you need to insert another word in front of a word. I came across it awhile back use it all the time. I used to use it more before autocorrect, but still use it time to time.

Yup, comes in handy if you need to insert another word in front of a word. I came across it awhile back use it all the time. I used to use it more before autocorrect, but still use it time to time.

Autocorrect seems to makes things worse, its always "correcting" to words that it shouldn't. Then I have to go back and re-correct them, many times. I miss Swype, it worked the best compared to the built in one, but not available on iPhone anymore.

One time a replied to a girl with "I'll come and get you", it changed "get" to "gut"....

Autocorrect seems to makes things worse, its always "correcting" to words that it shouldn't. Then I have to go back and re-correct them, many times. I miss Swype, it worked the best compared to the built in one, but not available on iPhone anymore.

One time a replied to a girl with "I'll come and get you", it changed "get" to "gut"....
:LOL: I'll come and gut you, that's great. But yes I totally agree, plus it's stubborn about it. It will change it like 3-4 times before it finally gives up.

Another thing I found the other day it when it uses predictive text and starts to add light grey words it thinks you are going to spell next, if you hit your space bar it will fill it for you. Kinda like windows tab key does. I am still getting used to this feature on the iPhone.

:LOL: I'll come and gut you, that's great. But yes I totally agree, plus it's stubborn about it. It will change it like 3-4 times before it finally gives up.

Another thing I found the other day it when it uses predictive text and starts to add light grey words it thinks you are going to spell next, if you hit your space bar it will fill it for you. Kinda like windows tab key does. I am still getting used to this feature on the iPhone.
I love the predictive text feature. Excited to see what new features will be coming when they get their AI kicked in.

Back