Cheesemakers union

So today was interesting. Walked in and had to go down to the hospital right away to take a drug test. Dumb but whatever. Anyways today was very overwhelming. I had a hard time taking in everything since it is with product that I don't have a clue about. People would come in asking for certain things and listening to the other people I don't have a clue what any of it means. So I walked out of there tonight feeling lost and overwhelmed. I don't know if it is going to be for me or not. :/

So today was interesting. Walked in and had to go down to the hospital right away to take a drug test. Dumb but whatever. Anyways today was very overwhelming. I had a hard time taking in everything since it is with product that I don't have a clue about. People would come in asking for certain things and listening to the other people I don't have a clue what any of it means. So I walked out of there tonight feeling lost and overwhelmed. I don't know if it is going to be for me or not. :/
Sorry to hear this. I will say though that is why cheese makers don't go and become diesel mechanics unless they know what to expect and are willing to learn and put up with the difficulties. Stick it out and you will do fine but I do know the feeling of not fitting in and not feeling like the job is for you.

I applied for another job the other morning. Already have interview with them just the next day. It was suppose to be this morning but got rescheduled till next Wednesday. Also applied for another job this morning. The current one is ok, but I think I would prefer something else.

Had my other job interview this morning. It was interesting but I don't know about the hours. Then my job today was shitty. Super busy and people expecting me to know all this stuff after only being there for a week a half. Don't really know what to do with my life anymore.

Had my second interview with another company this morning. It looks promising but I don't really know if i would accept it since  I'm starting to get use to my current one.

So I'm just sitting here staring. Boss wants something done which I have no clue how to do, I have asked both ladies for help but they don't want to be part of it because it's a lot of work. So they are just ignoring me. So I don't know what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm just sitting here staring. Boss wants something done which I have no clue how to do, I have asked both ladies for help but they don't want to be part of it because it's a lot of work. So they are just ignoring me. So I don't know what to do.
I feel like that sometimes here. I am paid to know it all I feel but IT has so much unknowns and changes all the time I just dread it at times.

I feel like that sometimes here. I am paid to know it all I feel but IT has so much unknowns and changes all the time I just dread it at times.
But at least you understand the basics.

But at least you understand the basics.
Da wut?
giphy.gif
tumblr_inline_mqkg53QQEn1qz4rgp.gif

Adios North American suckers, enjoy your day job...whatever that is, hahaha!  Kidding, but will be back to the grind the following Monday, ready to post some inspiration here.

Adios North American suckers, enjoy your day job...whatever that is, hahaha!  Kidding, but will be back to the grind the following Monday, ready to post some inspiration here.
Have a safe trip and enjoy the trip. Guess I will just have to send you birthday card via a boat or something...or just a text.

An update. I had another job offer the other day and turned it down since I talked to my work and the next day nothing changed. So I turned my two weeks in this week. The breaking point is when they yelled at me because my papers went stapled correctly. I had two pieces of paper that were slightly sticking up at the top a little crooked. That was when I was l like, yup I'm done.

An update. I had another job offer the other day and turned it down since I talked to my work and the next day nothing changed. So I turned my two weeks in this week. The breaking point is when they yelled at me because my papers went stapled correctly. I had two pieces of paper that were slightly sticking up at the top a little crooked. That was when I was l like, yup I'm done.
Wow, that's terrible.  One thing that comes to mind of what most issues are...people. This is how I felt this week:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/20150420/5199774/homer-brain-leaving-o.gif

Well tomorrow is my last day at my job. I am impressed how much I learned in just a little over 3 months time. It was a world that I knew nothing about. Had another interview tonight. Looks like I got offered it. Kinda a strange position with better pay and better hours. I figured I have nothing to loose so might try it. I just hope i can do some of the job duties. We will see.

So got back from a week long vacation (it was awesome). Started my first day today. Didn't go so well. The pay is decent for this area. But I may just quit tomorrow. I am not going to be able to do the work that they want me to do. I feel so lost and helpless. That's about it for work here in this town so I am looking for anything anywhere now. Even back home. I just feel worthless like maybe there is something wrong with me since the last two jobs over here have turned out bad. It's just disheartening.

So got back from a week long vacation (it was awesome). Started my first day today. Didn't go so well. The pay is decent for this area. But I may just quit tomorrow. I am not going to be able to do the work that they want me to do. I feel so lost and helpless. That's about it for work here in this town so I am looking for anything anywhere now. Even back home. I just feel worthless like maybe there is something wrong with me since the last two jobs over here have turned out bad. It's just disheartening.
Sorry to hear things are not going as you wanted but as much as I say I hate technology, I.T. and that I just don't think I could do anything else because I am in too deep. I really wish I had a job where I could build and "play" with high end computer components every day not boring I.T. stuff like I do but a job is a job and pay is good right now.

Sorry to hear, but it just means those jobs weren't a good enough fit for you.  Here I sit with a great job, but most of the coworkers locally here (I'm the only IT person)  being immature and egotistic, they make my position feel like dirt.  What gets me down is that I don't get along with many people here, but as long as I stay to myself and get paid, things will be all right for me.  I would love to be a coworker of yours somewhere someday.  I still think of making a the final break and just living off the money I have, just have to be careful of when to do it.

Back