What's new

Your bug out plan

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Member
So with all this talk off Russia and immanent war, how many you are prepared if shit really went down? Do you have a bug out plan in your head? Lets goto the extreme here and everything is falling apart. Stock market is done, panic consumes the country. People are killing their neighbors. You wake up to this the next morning knowing that you don't have much time. What do you do? Where do you go? For me the first thing is get your stuff together. Priorities change. If you plan on holding up where your at you would need to focus on food and water. Maybe start barricading your home or even group up with friends and neighbors. If you don't plan on sticking around and head back home then I would focus on getting gas. Make sure your vehicles are topped off. Fill any extra containers depending on how far you need to drive. Grab only whats important to you. Toss it in the vehicle along with your guns and ammo. Take all your guns and ammo. Grab a cooler and take as much as food and water as possible. Avoid the major highways such as the interstate and any major cities or town. Try to keep to the back roads as much as possible and make time asap. Stop for nothing. No bathroom breaks, no rest stops. Just keep moving until you get to your destination. Don't forget your pets. Load them in the vehicle also. As the boy scout models say "always be prepared". In the times we are living in this is really not all that far fetched. I am going to feel bad for the 80% of people that have no plan, they will be the first to go.

I am going to feel bad for @C Pav .


 
:cool:

If you were a true friend you would come and help me. If you can't trust me then that shows how much of a friend you really aren't.

 
:cool:If you were a true friend you would come and help me. If you can't trust me then that shows how much of a friend you really aren't.
Oh I'll be stopping by for "supplies". ;)
 
http://survivalcache.com/bug-out-bag/

This is a basic article that hits the major things one would need. It's up to that person to enact them.

Food, water, shelter, clean clothes with proper hygiene, first aid supplies and basic knowledge, gear (like camping), and weapons.

You also have to look at what you would be doing and going. Are you staying around or trekking out, this would make a world of difference. Trekking out, you would have to pack light yet have essentials covered. Staying around a cold area would be brutal, yet wouldn't have as much crazies coming from far around.

Here's a website that sells a high valued "bug out bag". I'd rather make one myself so I know everything I'm using. But at $3,500, wow, I think I could do one myself: http://www.forgesurvivalsupply.com/store/p/260-Ultimate-Bug-Out-Bag.aspx

A person could go on for hours about how they would do it, but it will come down to basic survival skills and what you have to go off of.

 
Back
Top