What's new

Dynamic Pricing - Using algorithms to adjust prices

Wow didn't see that. Kind of like eating lobster at certain restaurants- "market pricing".
This is worse than market pricing, it's the "How much do you got or willing to pay". It takes advantage of the situation of people.
 
We took a trip out of town today, and went to our local Walmart, and for the first time I noticed that they have now changed all price tags to e-ink tags, and now they can change the prices in real time, it's coming sooner than you think. You will notice on the upper left a little battery indicator when they need to replace them. Being e-ink they should last a long time.
 
I was just in another store recently and noticed that they are now using the new "E-ink" price tags. You will start seeing these same types of price tags in all stores soon.
 
I was reading this and here a couple of weeks ago we went to a target and I couldn’t help notice that the cart had new handles that sort of reminded me of treadmill handles that monitor your heartbeat. I didn’t put two and two together unti I saw this. It makes sense thought it’s like tracking a mouse cursor on a screen or how your iPhone tracks your pupil focus. This would do hand in hand with dynamic pricing, they could tell where people are focusing in the store and change the prices on the fly accordingly.

 
Back
Top