Keurig introduces 'Kold' machine

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keurig Green Mountain says it will start selling a machine Tuesday that makes single servings of cold beverages including Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper and flavored seltzer waters. The machine is similar in concept to Keurig's brewers, which let people make cups of coffee and tea by inserting a pod into the machine and pressing a button.
dAnzvzT.jpgMaking Coke at home? Keurig introduces 'Kold' machine

Spendy bugger though

I think this is going to flop.

I'd have to look into it more as far as the pricing of the pods - unless you could save a considerable amount making your own with this vs. purchasing cans at a store, there's not much draw or convenience added here. Unlike the coffee machines, where you have to do some work to make coffee regardless, this is a bit more work to do compared to just grabbing a soda from the fridge.

SodaStream is still around, and there are fridges with "sparkling water" built in these days which you can then just add flavorings too. Just not sure how popular any of that stuff really is.

This is what I found online:

$0.99-$1.29 for the cups

So still cheaper to buy a can of pop. It's gonna fail.

This is what I found online:$0.99-$1.29 for the cupsSo still cheaper to buy a can of pop. It's gonna fail.
Yeah, at those prices there is no point to this thing at all. Cheaper and faster just to purchase soda at the grocery store and keep a few in the fridge.

If they had something more like the Free style machines then it would be a more interesting product. If you've ever seen those serviced the flavorings are in what looks like a large printer ink cartridge - so if the pods could make multiple drinks and you could choose to mix flavorings then maybe...

If they had something more like the Free style machines then it would be a more interesting product. If you've ever seen those serviced the flavorings are in what looks like a large printer ink cartridge - so if the pods could make multiple drinks and you could choose to mix flavorings then maybe...
This would make it successful.

Back