What's new

Knot tying techniques

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Member
One thing that I have always wanted to learn in life was different knot tying techniques. I feel like this was something that should have been taught in schools growing up. I know it was learned in Boy Scouts for some. I always admired my Dad. He used to say “there is a right knot for the right job”. He could tie the right knot each time. No cargo tie down? No problem as long as you had rope. Growing up he would always try to show me and I never did learn. I just always made up my own. Sometime I would luck out, other times not so much.

 
Firefighters generally are required to know how to tie various knots for different types of situations. Pretty valuable. My dad is pretty good with them too from life on the farm. Must be that generation.
 
Back
Top