Modern day "sleepovers"

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't we do these anymore? I mean as a kid you would always go over to your friends house on the weekend with your sleeping bag, and rent movies and play games all night. Your dinner and breakfast would consist of pizza and pop. What happened to these times? Would you find it strange if adults did this now?

Admit it, as adults we all would want to do this. Sadly people think of etiquette too much and also look at certain things as childish when really it's our nature to have fun when we can. All cultures do things other cultures think are weird and such, but it's all in societies perception that holds us back. I always think of primitive like cultures where they sing and dance in the middle of the village, or joke around with each other and are laughing and in a good mood. They are the ones doing it right, where some "modern" cultures could take a lesson from them to loosen up and relieve stress and form bonds better. Another example is when parents play with kids, those moments let the adult feel almost like a kid again and enjoy those moments more.

Wait, you were/are serious? I want to but always thought you were joking. Now it's hard because being married, I have a kid and you have one on the way. I think the reason people don't is because of getting older and the social norm of it being for kids. It's also awkward if you are married.....

Back