What's new

Planned Projects

Well we started a new project yesterday.  Upon entering our house you get a half flight of stairs up/down.  The Living room of runs right up to the stairs, so there was a metal railing along that edge of the room to prevent someone from falling down to the entry way.  Well it was kind of an ugly @$$ thing, so last night I took it down (the couch is in that area anyhow for now).  We also used up a couple gift cards at home depot on the wood for a wooden railing, along with some pre-stain, stain, and clear coat.  Got everything sanded down, pre-stained and stained yesterday.  Now just need to put on a few coats of the finish let it dry for a day and then figure out how I'm going to put everything together...if it turns out looking decent when we are done I'll have to put up a pic or two...    Oh.. Red Mahogany stain...  this is a darker reddish stain, which is not good... well it is good because I like the color, but all of our trim is a light brownish color, so this is likely to lead into our planned project of redoing trim, which will mean redoing cupboards as well...  :shock:
 
Well we started a new project yesterday.  Upon entering our house you get a half flight of stairs up/down.  The Living room of runs right up to the stairs, so there was a metal railing along that edge of the room to prevent someone from falling down to the entry way.  Well it was kind of an ugly @$$ thing, so last night I took it down (the couch is in that area anyhow for now).  We also used up a couple gift cards at home depot on the wood for a wooden railing, along with some pre-stain, stain, and clear coat.  Got everything sanded down, pre-stained and stained yesterday.  Now just need to put on a few coats of the finish let it dry for a day and then figure out how I'm going to put everything together...if it turns out looking decent when we are done I'll have to put up a pic or two...    Oh.. Red Mahogany stain...  this is a darker reddish stain, which is not good... well it is good because I like the color, but all of our trim is a light brownish color, so this is likely to lead into our planned project of redoing trim, which will mean redoing cupboards as well...  :shock:
Sounds nice, i know me and the wife did a bunch of that staining last year when we redid our master bath. It does take awhile for the coats but after it was all done it looks nice.

 
Well we started a new project yesterday.  Upon entering our house you get a half flight of stairs up/down.  The Living room of runs right up to the stairs, so there was a metal railing along that edge of the room to prevent someone from falling down to the entry way.  Well it was kind of an ugly @$$ thing, so last night I took it down (the couch is in that area anyhow for now).  We also used up a couple gift cards at home depot on the wood for a wooden railing, along with some pre-stain, stain, and clear coat.  Got everything sanded down, pre-stained and stained yesterday.  Now just need to put on a few coats of the finish let it dry for a day and then figure out how I'm going to put everything together...if it turns out looking decent when we are done I'll have to put up a pic or two...    Oh.. Red Mahogany stain...  this is a darker reddish stain, which is not good... well it is good because I like the color, but all of our trim is a light brownish color, so this is likely to lead into our planned project of redoing trim, which will mean redoing cupboards as well...  :shock:
Sounds nice, i know me and the wife did a bunch of that staining last year when we redid our master bath. It does take awhile for the coats but after it was all done it looks nice.
Yeah, it looks like it is going to come together nicely, however, this is a crappy time of year for staining... I needs a garage heater...

 
Back
Top