We recently got a new outside unit along with a new unit in the attic - we currently have a nest product and at first we were saving money, but now we are noticing really long run time. It takes about 2 + hours to cool down from 78 to 77 - I have reached out to our people who installed and it has been a nightmare dealing with them the last week. I did research also previously and began to look at the diagram on the nest and while researching online I also see that some people mentioned a common wire - yesterday they were to go to the house and do maintenance in which i was told it would be anywhere from 5-8pm CST, however the guy showed up at 9pm instead. I didn't allow him to work - I also was to have a look at the thermostat on Saturday and nobody ever showed up.so in the beginning a smart thermostat was good, but so far it's been trouble for us