What's new

Weekend project: Replace car stereo

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Member
I think I might replace my car stereo this weekend. I already installed an aftermarket one years ago, but it broke about 3 years ago. I removed my 2x 10" subs in box this weekend to hopefully give me better gas mileage. But it would be nice to have a stereo again. Think I might grab one locally at Walmart or something and a wiring harness and some butt connectors and install a new one this weekend. I use to be big into stereos along time ago, but I will just be using my stock speakers this time. I don't know why I have been putting it off so long.
 
Well there goes my weekend plans. Went to Walmart, they barely had anything in stock. Found one that was ok, considered purchasing it, then pulled it up on Amazon. Walmart sold it for *89.99. Amazon sells it for $49.99. So I left. Stopped by another local store (it's really the only other place here). The didn't have much and the the had the same one as Walmart to but were asking $129.99 for it. I hate this town so much.
 
Well I just ordered a new head unit (my Bluetooth always dropped on mine), two new 6x9 speakers, and two new 6.5 speakers and wiring harness. My speakers have been blown for at least the last 8 years, and I got tired of it. I went as cheap as I could for everything I am still under $100. Now I just need some time to install everything. Hopefully this upcoming weekend.
 
Welp that didn’t go as plan. Tried to replace speakers, it was just to tough to get the panels off, and eventually I gave up. The car is just to old and the plastic is to brittle and I kept breaking everything. Oh well…
 
Back
Top