Burnout Vid

Are we talking street legal cars at the drag strip? If you've scoped out NHRA sponsered events, you'll notice that not too many rice burners are down in the 7 and 8's for ET's.

Are we talking street legal cars at the drag strip? If you've scoped out NHRA sponsered events' date=' you'll notice that not too many rice burners are down in the 7 and 8's for ET's.[/quote']Street legal. I agree with the American cars owning the drag strips.

Gone are the days of enormous 5 to 7+ litre engines that have to be customized just to produce 300-350 horsepower...Imports have far superior balance' date=' traction, stability, and overall handling[/quote']

umm.... most muscle cars with an engine in that range had more than 300-350 horspower stock, before any mods...

True that ricers get better gas mileage, and they have "far superior balance, traction, stability, and overall handling." This is all technological changes so of course they might handle nicer, or ride smoother, and make more efficient use of gas (not to mention they are little 4 banger engines) I don't buy the traction however, an american muscle will have far better traction if set up properly.

As far as reliability, muscle cars that are in working order are just as reliable, but lets see how a ricer is running 30+ years after it comes off the assembly line???

Which is better is a debate that in my experience doesn't end, if you like ricers you like ricers, if you like muscle you like muscle. The one thing I'll say for sure is that American Muscle is kept alive, restored and shown because they are classics, no one in their right mind will ever keep around their 2000ish import car or try to find one to restore... unless it has some extreme sentimental value

I forgot to mention its a standup comic rather than an actual car vid.

Back