What's new

Hearthstone

Lol. Yeah it's great when you or your opponent make huge mistakes. Pressure-breaking moments for sure! 

I used to post on the HS forums - there are usually entertaining threads about misplays. If you haven't, look up Rage Orc on youtube. That channel usually has great montages of fails/wins. :p

 
This I understood beforehand - but you either need to know what duplicates you have and be sure you've played them, or know you are going to win.  The guy I played did neither of those - he played it when I'm sure he thought (or hoped) it would work - it didn't - he lost. 
This has happened to me a few times playing this card. BTW the expansion is tough!

 
I watched a friend of mine play this car last night. It's one mean card!http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/avatars/148/188/503.gif
I've had that played against me a number of times.  Luckily I've  usually I have an 8 damage spell or something to transform it into a 1/1 or 0/1 sitting in my hand.  You could silence it as well, I've not tried it, it should stop the 8 damage at the end of turn - but it should also I suppose make it so they can attack

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried the crafting yet?
Nope. I disenchanted some cards, I found a button somewhere that basically looked for any cards that could be disenchanted and of which I owned more than 2, and it just turns them to dust.  I think there were one or two cards I found on my own that I though sounded stupid, or I had 2 and figured I'd never use more than 1 and I disenchanted them on my own.

Problem now is I need to take time to read through all the possible cards and see what I would want to craft, or find a decent guide as to what may be smart crafting choices.

 
Won Chicken Dinner tonight and got a free $300 gold. Then I end up buying the wrong card packs with them.
 
Don't know what Chicken Dinner is, but I bought a few packs over the past couple days (with in game gold that I earned, not real $$$).   I had a couple higher gold daily challenges pop up that I finished, and I had one that was to watch a friend win a match.  The latter didn't show a gold amount so it made me wonder if it was going to be worthless, but I happened to catch one of the two friends I have on there (the one that isn't @7ithium) playing last night and spectated his win.  Turned out to just give me a pack of cards.

Don't recall anything super terrific, but at least one or two that I may have to go adjust my custom decks slightly with some new cards.

 
New expansion drops sometime today (maybe already has, not sure).  Sign in for your 3 free packs of cards - and to start the quests that will give you up to 10 more free packs (plus whatever other quests you have for gold and stuff)
 
Must not be live quite yet.  I had an update to download that was decent sized, but upon login just got the normal daily quest
 
Do you get free packs for signing in, or when you purchase the game?
When you first sign in after they are live you are supposed to get 3 free packs.  You'll also get a challenge to win 5 games in the new "standard" format - completing this should award 5 more packs.  Then you get a challenge to win 7 more games and that should yield another 5 packs.  This according to a number of articles I've seen over the past few days.  No one has been clear on whether you have to finish all the challenges for free packs this week or not - so I plan to attempt to get the wins in by the end of the weekend to claim the 13 free packs.  Shouldn't be an issue if I just complete the daily quests each day.Based on the message I see in Battle.net I'm guess it is now live.  Says "play now for 3 free packs".  Also seems quite busy.  I keep getting a message about playful sprites and to wait a few minutes and then try launching again

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Got into the game.  got my first 3 free packs.  First quest is just to win 2 games in Play mode to get 5 more packs
 
The first pack you open you'll get the Ch'thun (or something like that) - 6/6 thing that costs 10 and battle cry deals damage equal to it's attack randomly split among enemies - plus your 5 cards.  A lot of the cards are ones that have battle cries to give the Ch'thun things like taunt, +1/+1, etc.  these apply whether the card is on the playing field, in your hand, or in your deck yet to be drawn.  So the big idea is mostly you would build a deck where you play a lot of these things, then when you can summon it the thing would deal a ton of damage and be a big bad thing sitting on the board yet to finish the job - of course your opponents are likely to be doing a lot of the same.

Fast decks to wipe someone out before reaching round 9 (accounting for the coin) would be good....

 
Ya man the first few rounds people were playing those new cards and destroying me bad. Then I got mine and now I feel more "even". I am on my 7 wins quest now. It's cool to get so many free cards. Did you get yours yet @7ithium?
 
Man when Ch'thun comes out your f'ed.
I'd guess so.  I've yet to have anyone play it against me.  Have had many people play the cards to boost it, but none have Ch'thun before the game ended yet though.  I haven't even put a deck together that includes it or any new cards

 
I'd guess so.  I've yet to have anyone play it against me.  Have had many people play the cards to boost it, but none have Ch'thun before the game ended yet though.  I haven't even put a deck together that includes it or any new cards
Oh trust me if they boost him then play him your are 100% screwed. But him by himself is enough. I think it should had been used in the "wild" pack and not the "standard". To me the "standard" pack should just be the original cards only and no expansion packs.

 
Back
Top