Nook color

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I knew they had a big announcement coming up, plus some new firmware coming out next month. But it looks like they are gonna release a new Nook, and color by the way the domain looks.

http://imgur.com/Q7gAP.jpg

Gonna gets the new one?

Gonna gets the new one?
No the color is useless to me. Overall useless for books most of the time unless you want to see covers etc. I just want black and white when I read pages though.

BS, go E or go home.

The only time color would be handling color images, but fairly rare in books. They do have a browser, the store and games which could benefit from color. For the devices main purpose though I agree the color isn't a big deal.

Truthfully I am looking forward to the new firmware. I still haven't had any problems with mine so far.

Truthfully I am looking forward to the new firmware. I still haven't had any problems with mine so far.
Yes, the firmware update should be good. Quicker page turns sounds good to me

I actually did have one small problem the other day. I bought and downloaded a new book and it wouldn't open for me. So I had to "archive" it then un-archive it and let it re-download and then it opened just fine.

Kinda cool looking.

Well I see my previous post in here was incoherent. I was meaning to say that the only time color would be handy is for some applications. What I hadn't though of though is for those who do newpaper and magazines on their nooks. Color would be very nice in those cases.

I'm still not digging it, think of all the fingerprints you are going to see when reading it.

I'm still not digging it, think of all the fingerprints you are going to see when reading it.
Yea. If your primary purpose for the device is reading books I'd go with the wifi for $150. The digital ink is nice to read and glare is nearly non-existent. This seems more like a shot at the iPad, and while I can see it having some perks and being flashier looking, you could just as well use any of the tablet devices out there or coming (Windows, Android, or Ipad) with the nook app

Gimme the new firmware that's all I am interested in.

Lets face it, one or both of you will be getting the new color.

Not I. I am more than satisfied with mine.

I won't replace mine with a color one. We were doing a lot of reading when I picked mine up and thought we might end up with a second one in the house if there was too much desire for another to be able to read when it was already in use. Reading hasn't been as hot lately, but I could see maybe adding another device though not sure if I'd bother with the color. Also had planned for a nook to be a xmas present for my father, for that I'm not sure what I'd go with now.

I had to help an older lady last week set one of these up. I must say it was alot nicer than I expected it to be. The touch was very responsive and simple. I really wanted to play with it more and check out the apps etc. But since it wasn't mine I really couldn't. But overall it was better than I expected.

Back