What's new

Oil bust inevitable

Yeah, it sure did drop significantly.  Funny thing is there is a lot of optimism and a little movement to start drilling or tapping plugged wells (drilled but not finished due to the initial price drop).  Now granted, not a lot, but things seem to look towards moving, I wonder why.  When this first dropped, all our big guys started saying this would pick up in 2017, like it was a fact, maybe they know from past history or election years and fully expect it to rebound in the near future.
 
Yeah, it sure did drop significantly.  Funny thing is there is a lot of optimism and a little movement to start drilling or tapping plugged wells (drilled but not finished due to the initial price drop).  Now granted, not a lot, but things seem to look towards moving, I wonder why.  When this first dropped, all our big guys started saying this would pick up in 2017, like it was a fact, maybe they know from past history or election years and fully expect it to rebound in the near future.
They all say it will pick up again though. First was summer of this year, then end of this year now you say they say 2017. Next will be "it's going to pick up on 2018" then 2019...then soon.

 
Had a guy come in today looking for work. Left the oil fields in ND and looking for anything. Since I have lived here that is 5 people at two small jobs looking for work. We are out in the middle of nowhere and it got me thinking if there are that many people looking for work that came from there how many others are there in the larger cities around here? I have to say folks she has gone belly up.
 
Another reason oil is dying is solar. It's getting cheaper and cheaper. I was over at my wife's sister's house where they just had 24 panels installed. It covers the entire roof but blends nicely. Looks like they are LG brand panels. Inside the garage is a control panel that has a LCD that shows how much is being pulled in and a total amount for the day. But what is cool if it over produces it feeds back into the main power line which sends it back to the power company and you receive a pay back check in the mail. So you actually make money, as long as you don't use a lot. I noticed all the other houses were doing the same up there too. Times are a changing.

EDIT* This is what they had installed on the wall

http://www.sma-america.com/

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was just on the local real estate page from back home. I was addicted to it back when we were trying to sell. I have checked it a couple of times all summer long, but man talk about things dropping and so many listings. I think since last time I checked maybe about a month ago everything is another 10k down again. Everything happened just like I thought it would.
 
Late last year or early this year, I posted a link of a real estate guy with experience in these situations discussing about the full cycle taking 18 more months from that point for houses to bottom out (taken that nothing else big happens).  We could very well see another $10-15k drop in average house prices in the next year.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Going to be a gas shortage on the East coast due to the hurricane. Not going to help the low gas prices short term.
 
Going to be a gas shortage on the East coast due to the hurricane. Not going to help the low gas prices short term.
We all know that Hurricanes are created by H.A.A.R.P. to raise gas prices. :ph34r:

 
Back
Top