What's new

On-line retailers and shipping

I don't think they've laid off hardly anyone in comparison to all they hired during covid. The amount they have laid off would be a drop in the bucket to total employees. So far anyways.
Well, something has changed, that was 6 other people that noticed as well. From reading other forums only, others have noticed as well. Something has changed internally. It's like they realized they can't afford the people/shipping anymore and said screw it. Give it a few months, I wouldn't be surprised if their earnings drop.
 
Well, something has changed, that was 6 other people that noticed as well. From reading other forums only, others have noticed as well. Something has changed internally. It's like they realized they can't afford the people/shipping anymore and said screw it. Give it a few months, I wouldn't be surprised if their earnings drop.
Their earnings will likely go up if they did fire more people and also because of their charging more for ad free Prime. Surprising how that can boost the bottom line quickly. To me, it seems like their shipping goes in streaks. It's super fast for awhile, then slows down a bit...Goes in cycles over the years.
 
I just received my air filter ordered for my car in the mail at lunch. Amazon did not put it even in a box, just slapped a sticker on it. Box is shredded, air filter just laying outside of it in no plastic wrap. I mean who knows how long it's been like that, and I kind of need the air filter clean. I got on Amazon support and they just refunded me the whole amount. Which is great and all, but now I am forced to either re-order and hope that they put it in a box, or just go buy local.
 
Ordered something from Amazon last night and it showed up already at the door this morning :oops:
 
The last couple of packages I ordered came on time, or even a day before. They must be catching up or the robots are getting faster.
 
The last couple of packages I ordered came on time, or even a day before. They must be catching up or the robots are getting faster.
Seems like it is super fast for awhile, then slogs down a bit, then back to fast again. Overall still a great service IMO.
 
There's nothing worse than a package coming the next day and a message that says, "sorry there was a problem, if the package doesn't arrive in the next two days, come back for a refund". Then looking at details it says it was damaged and returned to sender.
Maybe package your stuff better than throwing two 5 quarts of motor oil in a enormous box with a single crumpled up piece of paper. That must have been a mess.
 
There's nothing worse than a package coming the next day and a message that says, "sorry there was a problem, if the package doesn't arrive in the next two days, come back for a refund". Then looking at details it says it was damaged and returned to sender.
Maybe package your stuff better than throwing two 5 quarts of motor oil in an enormous box with a single crumpled up piece of paper. That must have been a mess.
I have had this happen before.
 
I ordered an expensive item from Costco and they just slapped a label on it and sent it off in no box. It came all scuffed up and a whole in the box, somehow it survived. Not impressed.
 
So ordered a fan from Amazon. Waited a full week to get it. The guy handed it to me off the UPS truck and it looked like he ran it over. I took it inside and the box is completely shredded. I thought maybe it survived, opened it up and even the packaging is crushed. I thought maybe I would assemble it to at least try it out. Nope the bottom flaps the box is missing along with screws and other parts needed from falling out somewhere along the delivery line. Shoved it back in the box and immediately submitted a return. I don't even feel like waiting another entire week.
 
Amazon delivery has been smokin fast here lately. Same day or next day every time.
Here's the thing I don't understand. Once it's shipped, it goes fast (2days), but it's the time it takes to ship that makes the delivery time at least a week.
 
So, I first have to complain and then give props to Amazon customer service. Here was my situation. I ordered something from Amazon and for some reason they shipped it FedEx. It was supposed to come Friday and got delayed. Monday comes and they try to deliver and no one is home because everyone is working. For some reason it needs a signature and you to be present. I called into FedEx. The lady goes "oh we will just try again sometime tomorrow morning". I go the same thing will happen we work all day, she goes "ok we will just try again the following morning". I am like it will be this way all week. She didn't understand if you basically show up between 8-5 no one will be home. I talked to Amazon about it and the customer service rep was great and refunded me the money and now I can order it and have it sent normal UPS or USPS. I don't understand Fedex, I even left a phone number to call and I could run home on both doors, tried to have the lady switch delivery to my work etc. It doesn't make sense when their delivery times are 8-5 and we work 8-5.
 
Amazon added discounted gasoline to its menu of Prime offerings. Prime members get a discount of 10 cents per gallon. The perk is good at about 7,000 gas U.S. stations operated BP, Amoco, and ampm. Amazon plans to add an electric vehicle charging discount next year.

 
Amazon added discounted gasoline to its menu of Prime offerings. Prime members get a discount of 10 cents per gallon. The perk is good at about 7,000 gas U.S. stations operated BP, Amoco, and ampm. Amazon plans to add an electric vehicle charging discount next year.
This is great! Until I see that we have not one single one of these in our entire state.
 
Man something is up with the shipping here lately. My last personal 3 orders from Amazon have all come late. Nothing really important so I didn't care. Also ordered stuff for work as well and it's coming late as well.
 
Back
Top