What's new

Stocks and investments

Man Greece is such a mess. You have a limit to pull out at the atm. That is if it even has any money even in it. Basically everyone yanked their cash out and basically are starting the Great Depression like we had here in America.
 
I'll go on record saying there will be others soon also. Look how a small country like Greece can effect the world's market.
 
The market is so unstable right now. I am interested to see what tomorrow brings.
 
I see Google, I mean Alphabet changed their name.

From a shareholder perspective, Alphabet is just the new name for the company that used to be called Google. Google shares will become Alphabet shares, and existing Google shareholders will continue to hold a stake in all of the Alphabet companies.
 
I don't know if they are ever going to come out of this slump though. Plus with the Feds talking about raising interest rates next month it's insane! What are they thinking?
 
The Fed is not helping matters, that is for sure. No leadership. A rate hike at this point in time is a horrible idea. The market was really high, it was probably time to correct. It's a healthy thing in the long run.
 
That's what I don't get. I mean people are already having a hard time buying homes right now, and then let's raise it? I kinda think think this is a ploy to make obama end his administration on a good note. Like "Look how well our economy is doing".
 
He jmanz, what can I do with my 401k stuff? Can I move it into a safer fund, I don't like the fund it's in and my investment broker could suggest a place to move it. Basically what I'm saying is I want to cushion the correction since I really feel it's coming instead of letting it crash low. I know I can't take my 401k out since it would have fees and such, but would like to put put it somewhere else.
 
Another 10 minutes another 50 points, closing out down 500 points. Good work today men!
 
He jmanz, what can I do with my 401k stuff? Can I move it into a safer fund, I don't like the fund it's in and my investment broker could suggest a place to move it. Basically what I'm saying is I want to cushion the correction since I really feel it's coming instead of letting it crash low. I know I can't take my 401k out since it would have fees and such, but would like to put put it somewhere else.
You should be able to move it into a cash position. If you want to play it safe for awhile, that is what I would do. Your investment person should be able to do that for you.
 
Back
Top