What's new

Survival kits

If I wasn't changing course I would look into some also. I know you got to be careful with your water. A lot of animals back home get into it and you can get giardia. I remember being up so far in the mountains once back home that you could drink out of the springs because the source was nearby and animals did't get to it yet. It was so good and refreshing.
 
So you feel you don't need to have food stored? Would it be more so with your change of course?
 
So you feel you don't need to have food stored? Would it be more so with your change of course?
No what I meant was if I was going to be more settled or staying then yes I would look for food and water storage. But I am so focused on just trying to leave right now, that it will have to wait.
 
No what I meant was if I was going to be more settled or staying then yes I would look for food and water storage. But I am so focused on just trying to leave right now, that it will have to wait.
Ah, gotcha. But hopefully that will be soon enough.

 
Impressive! Also this is more common than you think. I was traveling through another state once and all their Walmarts up front have a readiness preparation center which stocks food kits etc. I have a coworker that buys a bucket here and there as well. They are not a bad investment if you like in a tornado or storm prone area either.
 
Last edited:
Also I have 2 or 3 small travel survival kits with reflective blankets, compasses, and flint & steel + tinder. I used to have a comprehensive bug out bag, and the best things I bought were a solar charging cellphone/USB charging station, an electric charging arc lighter, and those life straws that filter bad water a bunch of times
Kinda similar to what I have, I have a small pack I always take to the woods with me, has tons of survival stuff in it, wind up radio, waterproof matches, first aid kit, I had a solar charger (until it expanded and I tossed in the trash), knives, flashlights etc. Also has a place for my gun. You never know if you will ever need it, but they are nice to have just in case.
 
Back
Top