What's new

The current vehicle shortage situation

It seems with all the rising interests' rates over the last year, the vehicle shortage is finally over. I have noticed our local Chevy dealership is stocked to the brim since no one is buying anymore.
 
It seems with all the rising interests' rates over the last year, the vehicle shortage is finally over. I have noticed our local Chevy dealership is stocked to the brim since no one is buying anymore.
Starting to see more 0% financing deals out there now, but the prices haven't come down much.
 
Sounds like Ford still hasn't caught back up in their backlog yet. A guy we deal with came in this morning, and I noticed he had a brand-new Chevy Z71 from the local dealership. I asked him what happened to his ford. He had a Ford F150 Platinum about 4 years old. He said the 4-wheel drive went out and they wouldn't have the part in stock until March 2025 and we are coming into winter here, so he went and traded it off and bought a Chevy.
 
Sounds like Ford still hasn't caught back up in their backlog yet. A guy we deal with came in this morning, and I noticed he had a brand-new Chevy Z71 from the local dealership. I asked him what happened to his ford. He had a Ford F150 Platinum about 4 years old. He said the 4-wheel drive went out and they wouldn't have the part in stock until March 2025 and we are coming into winter here, so he went and traded it off and bought a Chevy.
The new Chevy's have a nice look to them but unfortunately aren't made any better than anything else. Lots of transmission issues. In fact, 10 speed transmissions have plagued most brands that use them now. Ford included.
 
Sounds like Ford still hasn't caught back up in their backlog yet. A guy we deal with came in this morning, and I noticed he had a brand-new Chevy Z71 from the local dealership. I asked him what happened to his ford. He had a Ford F150 Platinum about 4 years old. He said the 4-wheel drive went out and they wouldn't have the part in stock until March 2025 and we are coming into winter here, so he went and traded it off and bought a Chevy.
This same guy stopped in to pick up his Christmas gift yesterday afternoon. I asked him how he liking his truck, said he just got it back after two weeks at the shop. The transmission went out after only 3,000 miles on the brand new pickup. He was complaing and saying that it seems like any vehicle after about 2010 started to go downhill. He said it was under warranty and everything but dam talk about bad luck.
 
This same guy stopped in to pick up his Christmas gift yesterday afternoon. I asked him how he liking his truck, said he just got it back after two weeks at the shop. The transmission went out after only 3,000 miles on the brand new pickup. He was complaing and saying that it seems like any vehicle after about 2010 started to go downhill. He said it was under warranty and everything but dam talk about bad luck.
Read my post above referencing the transmission issues.
 
Back
Top