What's new

Who here collects watches?

All this talk about Fitbit got me thinking about the Pebble Steel since they are the same price. I was talking to co-worker that has one. Man there is alot of apps for it. He was turning his lights on and off from it, plus it does have some fitness apps, but no heart rate monitoring. But it does have a Dominos app for @jmanz .
 
All this talk about Fitbit got me thinking about the Pebble Steel since they are the same price. I was talking to co-worker that has one. Man there is alot of apps for it. He was turning his lights on and off from it, plus it does have some fitness apps, but no heart rate monitoring. But it does have a Dominos app for @jmanz .
I don't know anyone who has a Pebble. Our CEO had one I know but he replaced with the apple watch. Not saying they are bad, just never hear of anyone owning one.

 
I am serious considering one since they are the same as the Fitbit HR. The only thing I will be missing is the heart rate monitoring. But they have fitness apps for tracking steps etc, plus the even have Misfit on it. I like the lightness of the Fitbit, but even the pebble steel with the metal bad is still light. I tried it on. I am surprised @jmanz for you I can see so many usages for this (besides just ordering pizza). From stock checking to a whole bunch of things. I also like the idea of text coming in or just looking at your wrist for the weather. Word on the street is though that smart bands are coming to monitor heart rate.
 
So I have had my Pebble for about a week now. I must say I don't regret this purchase on bit. (normally I do with a lot of things I purchase). I went with the after market metal watch band. (Now that was a pain to get on and configure). But after that I am loving it. I am a watch guy anyways so I love playing with all the different watch faces out there. Haven't really touched the apps. I did put a tip calculator on it. The text and calls work flaw less. The battery is amazing. I have still yet to charge it since wearing from last Wednesday. I am turning it off at night though so that helps. It is 100% view able even in the brightest sun. I am glad I didn't go with the new models. I love the way this one looks. So classy.
 
I have yet to charge my watch. I have gone a week and three days now. This is with me shutting it off though when I get home in the evenings. Impressive!
 
To bad you can't charge this "smart" watches by the simple movement of your arm. How much did that watch cost? At least a person didn't have to plug it in.
 
To bad you can't charge this "smart" watches by the simple movement of your arm. How much did that watch cost? At least a person didn't have to plug it in.
Only $150 now. Charging is pretty easy. It's better than a daily charge with the iWatch.
 
No I mean the fancy watch from back around 2000. Didn't need a battery or to be wound. Just your movement would keep it in time. I think it was Citizen.
 
No I mean the fancy watch from back around 2000. Didn't need a battery or to be wound. Just your movement would keep it in time. I think it was Citizen.
I think you mean Seiko or Pulsar watches. They have the Kinectic movement that winds itself from the movement in your wrist. The Citizens (I have one) have the Eco-drive that uses solar or regular light and never need a battery. Even though some of my G-shocks also have this feature.
 
Found out that this has a built in music manager. I can play/pause switch tracks back and forth from my watch. No need to grab your phone or remote in the car now.
 
So awhile back I got a bad scratch on my pebble. Well it's not so bad, but it annoys me since I like to keep my stuff mint. After a couple of support emails back and forth they are sending me out a new one to replace it. So I am happy now. With they lower cost of the new pebble time now, I wouldn't mind getting one if those now  to.
 
On my list next I wouldn't mind getting the Pebble Time. I still would like a Seiko 5 also.
 
Well knock one off my list. Finally purchased my Seiko 5 that I have always wanted. Just got it yesterday. It's beautiful. I love the open back and the second hand movement DAM!

VUZgcnY.webp

 
Was reading over this thread and still love my Pebble to this day. Constant improvements and firmware even for my old, old model. I have been waiting for a deal on the Pebble Time since the Pebble Time 2 was announced. Just has to hit that sweet price point for me.
 
Interesting, but I don't disagree. As much as I love my Pebble, and even my iwatch, they have their places. But a classic watch you cannot beat. If I am going somewhere nice, or to Church I prefer a classic styled watch. Your job also makes a difference. Some times in a loud environment where I can't hear or feel my phone vibrate, my wrist lets me know better.

No One Is Buying Smartwatches Anymore

 
Well it looks like the end has come for Pebble. Rumor last night is Fitbit bought them out. The rumor is that they are going to discontinue them also to get rid of the competition. Last year Pebble had an offer to sell for 170 million. This year they sold for 40 million just to cover their costs. They just released their new line and some people haven't even received them yet. Still blows me away I thought they were doing awesome. I loved their watches. I have been wearing my new one for about two days and was enjoying it. Guess I am going to box it up and return it now. R.I.P. you will be missed greatly!
 
Back
Top