Xbox 360: Games with Gold

ID@Xbox program kicking into gear for indies. 12 new games in the last couple weeks, couple non-indie, but mostly indie

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/ look at 1001 spikes and up for the new releases

Last edited by a moderator:
I see they got another world. I am so old, I use to own the original.

Yeah. I've been thinking about picking that one up too. At $7.99 it couldn't be a horrendous purchase. As soon as I posted that link and refreshed, the list of games changed slightly though. RBI Baseball and Zombie drive had disappeared for some reason, but now they show up again.

Also, I counted improperly, 10 new games. Witcher III and the LOTR game are listed, which are not out yet...

Free is free and I will more than likely enjoy them for the most part but was hoping for a retail title for the One like Forza, Ryse or similar. I missed out on Strider on sale because I was thinking it might be the next free game so didn't want to spend money on it. The PS4 is getting it for free though so suck it MS.

...was hoping for a retail title for the One like Forza, Ryse or similar...
Don't hold your breath. I don't expect to see any non-arcade games for a while. For now I'm expecting games that original MRSP was < $30 will be in the program. Once some of the Xbox One games drop further in price or have a next installment coming, then maybe the bigger retail titles will start to show up. For example, maybe they'll offer Forza 5 sometime just before Forza Horizon 2 launches, or maybe not until after it launches.Regardless of which system you are getting free games on, or who has which games free, if there's a game you want to play that comes out, spend the $ to play it, or be prepared to wait/cross fingers/etc that maybe that one game might some day be offered on one of the platforms. 24 games per year free, far more than that released, so most games will never be in the program

I'm interested to see if tomorrow (July 1) the Guacamelee game hits Xbox One. I know it's going to debut free, just wondering if it will launch right away or just be free once it does launch.

Anyway, this is mostly a shameless plug for new games coming tomorrow and reminder to get your June free games today if you haven't already.

I'm interested to see if tomorrow (July 1) the Guacamelee game hits Xbox One. I know it's going to debut free, just wondering if it will launch right away or just be free once it does launch.Anyway, this is mostly a shameless plug for new games coming tomorrow and reminder to get your June free games today if you haven't already.
I read that Guacamelee will be available on the 2nd which is the date it releases.

I read that Guacamelee will be available on the 2nd which is the date it releases.
Yeah, new it was free on release date, just wasn't sure what the release date was. I also saw later yesterday and again this morning that the release date is 7/2

The yearly Ultimate Game sale for Xbox Live kicks off tomorrow (7/8). These will be deals on 360 games. There's a set of items on sale for the duration of the promotion and daily deals every day.

http://majornelson.com has the details of what's will be on sale tomorrow and also a list of ultimate deals available for the duration.

Note that the prices offered during this promotion are for Gold (paid) and Silver (unpaid) Xbox accounts, so you don't need a membership to stock up on discounted games.

Seems to be a few decent titles in the on going list, like 50% off the Season 1 episodes of The Walking Dead game series. A few decent titles go on sale tomorrow as well, nothing I'm too interested in that I don't already own though.

Ya that was my thought. I don't have one so I don't really care. But seemed kinda junky.

September line-up announced

Xbox one - Crimson Dragon (stays from last month) and Super Time Force

Xbox 360 - Monaco: What's Yours is Mine (9/1) and Halo Reach (9/16)

Better than the ps4 lineup (but not by much).

Yeah, nothing too special. Seems crimson dragon can be addicting, but it was free last month too, so booooo. We'll see how Super Time Force is. The pixels may kill my eyes, but it could be a hidden gem.

I know nothing about Monaco. Halo Reach is a good deal, for the (few) 360 people that haven't already played and beat it. I already own and have beat it, so not too exciting.

So, for those X1 owners here, do yourself a favor and give Crimson Dragon a fair shot. I didn't initially really believe @C Pav, but once you get a little used to the controls and level your dragon up a bit, it's actually pretty fun and a little addicting.

Also, Super Time Force is a pretty interesting concept. The first few levels had some difficult areas. If it stays about the same I'd keep playing and enjoy it for the most part. If things get much more difficult I think I'll have a pretty hard time getting further.

Back