What's new

3D and resin based printers

I will be trying to print using ABS tonight or this weekend. It's a little harder to handle than PLA. I also printed up some nice thumbscrews last night. Still tweaking my software settings but last nights prints were was better. I need to start posting some pictures on here of what I print. I will try to do better.
 
Ripped my whole machine apart, installed new belt idler I printed, need to grab a bolt today though. Had my belt to tight. Installed my new bearings, installed my new plate. Also need to fix the front right bar of where my bearings ride. Was out of town the last couple of days for work so I was itching to get it done.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So got everything put back together last night. For some reason none of my prints are sticking to the bed even with the glue stick. I also have some more tweaking to do. I had to mess with my belt tension as well. Basically I have to re-calibrate the entire thing and get it back to normal. At the end of the night i almost had it and was able to print something successfully but still not 100%.
 
My idler pulley holder I printed.rJKb0PW.webp
But what is it for? Please don't say another part for you 3d printer because all I am getting is you bought this so you can print more parts for your 3d printer to print better parts for your 3d printer which begs the question when will you actually print something that makes the purchase worth it and not just more money and time into the 3d printer itself. Also be honest, you will eventually just end up printing skulls and other such items like most everyone else.

 
But what is it for? Please don't say another part for you 3d printer because all I am getting is you bought this so you can print more parts for your 3d printer to print better parts for your 3d printer which begs the question when will you actually print something that makes the purchase worth it and not just more money and time into the 3d printer itself. Also be honest, you will eventually just end up printing skulls and other such items like most everyone else.
I...I......i........ :unsure: :whistle:

 
Getting farther on getting her back to normal. Have a small problem with my circles being a tad off and not perfectly circle. Making more tweaks.
 
Starting to get more decent prints. Tweaking the slicer software still. I did print a calibration cube and it came out quite nice. Also printed a nice Raspberry Pi case as well and it came out great. Oh figured out my problem with my glass no longer sticking. Just make sure to lay down a couple of layers of glue stick and not just one. Also tried hairspray and it didn't seem to work.
 
So tonight I plan on stripping my bed back down and messing up my plate and bearings. Still having slight problems of circles not being perfect.
 
Ok some things have changed, got tired of dealing with mine, returning and ordered a bigger model. Plus it has a couple of nicer feature, but mostly an open frame which I wanted.

 
So got the new one yesterday. Holy build space Batman! (and these aren't even the biggest). I could build a helmet. Anyways you have to partial put this together. Nothing to bad though just a few bolts. I love the open concept though. Y belt is easily visible. I got it put together, leveled, then only had one time to do a test print. One nice thing is the new version of Cura is already setup for it so I just used the defaults without any tweaks. I printed the same 20mmx20mmx20mm calibration cube as my other printer. The difference is pretty huge. Such a difference in quality of the layers. Also really love the roller wheels compared to the bearings. Can't wait to play with it more tonight! :geek:
 
Glad you were able to get better results with the new one.

Maybe I should skip 3D printing and move to a resin printer?
Isn't resin done by 3D printing? Must be a different material for better accuracy.

 
So finally got to enjoy my printer today. Also I bought Simplify 3D today as well. I kept hearing people talk about it but couldn't justify the hefty price tag for the software. Well lets just say it has changed my whole printer. I can't believe the amazing results I am getting with it and I am just using the default settings. It made my printer print the way that it should. The quality is perfect. I got quite a few pieces printed today as well. Loving that software.
 
Next up for me once I get done printing some more pieces to make my prints better, is Octo Pi, then I think I will move on to installing an auto bed leveler followed by custom firmware. :geek:
 
So no printing for me last night, but I did get Octoprint setup. I can't wait to use it. Plus found my old Logitech 920 webcam and it seems to work perfect. I should had done this awhile back. Octoprint allows full control and monitoring including visually from any computer or phone. So basically I could theoretically start/stop a print from anywhere. I also plan on adding a wifi power plug where I can turn on/off remotely as well.

temperature-tab.webp

 
My Octopi test was a success last night. No need even for a Micro SD card anymore, you can upload straight to it. Also I was really worried that I would have to take days to re-level my printer since I replaced a couple of parts, but nope dead one. Great successful night!
 
Back
Top