What's new

3D and resin based printers

How To Get Clear Resin Prints - With Elegoo Transparent or Similar (3dprintguy.com.au)

1-1080x675.jpg


 
Well since I can't sleep at night I think it's time to break the old FDM printer out and get her up to date and working again. I know it's been way over a year. Going to work on it tomorrow. Nothing like being up at 4 a.m. looking up firmware changes.
 
man I spent all day yesterday getting my printer running again. I messed up thought and forgot to change the mm steps and the hotend crashing into the base and put a hole in it. Also my filament was to old and brittle.
 
Don't hear people talk about these anymore. Is there something else out there or did AI steal all the thunder?
 
Don't hear people talk about these anymore. Is there something else out there or did AI steal all the thunder?
Still around, it's just resin printers kinda stole the thunder from fem printers because of the details. Fdm punters are still around, and have gotten better, but you can buy a resin printer for the same price and it all depends on what you are doing with your prints. I am going to get my other fem printer out today and play with that.
 
Got my little fdm printer out and had fun printing ornaments on it today. She prints so good.
 
So I did some reading and research at work today, and when I got home up updated my little delta mini to Marlin, and did some tweaks. I just got done printing a test print and it was flawless. Pretty jacked. Might order a new power supply and do the 10w mod to it as well.

 
It sure seems like everyone is into 3D printing everywhere these days. I see tons of prints being sold at craft fairs and in smaller stores now.
 
There are a few middle school kids (or their parents) that have 3d printers here and they sometimes sell the stuff they make. Kind of neat little fidget stuff for kids.
 
Ya when we goto craft fairs now there are so many 3D printed items. Most are very reasonable priced as well.
 
Back
Top