What's new

Inflation & the upcoming recession

Major layoffs are coming from numerous companies. But not for the reasons you think, mainly due to robotics and AI. I know everyone touts AI and Robotics making your life easier, but let's face it, we live in the real world, and you're not going to get free money by not having a job. This won't be like the sci-fi shows where robots do all the hard work. The only people benefiting from these things are the CEOs.
 
Major layoffs are coming from numerous companies. But not for the reasons you think, mainly due to robotics and AI. I know everyone touts AI and Robotics making your life easier, but let's face it, we live in the real world, and you're not going to get free money by not having a job. This won't be like the sci-fi shows where robots do all the hard work. The only people benefiting from these things are the CEOs.
And shareholders.
 
Chipotle has gone downhill. Went to one back in ND fairly recently and it was dirty and run down. Can't say they all are like that since I don't go to them much but it was much different than years ago.
I have never eaten at one in my entire life. I have always heard bad things about them stuffing them full of rice, it always sounded like a scam to me.
 
The whole era and dynamic of fast food being enjoyable is done for. Not only have prices skyrocketed while quality and portion sizes dropped but nobody wants to work these jobs anymore. Those that do hate their job, hate you and it's hard to trust the safety and quality of what they sold you.

Growing up fast food was amazing. Going out to eat was an event. Those that worked those jobs mostly had smiles on their faces and made it enjoyable. Prices were mostly affordable and things were just better.
 
Back
Top