What's new

McDonald’s Then and Now: A Look at the Classics

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Member
Does anyone else miss the "old" McDonalds? I mean I use to like all the Styrofoam stuff. I know if was bad for the environment, but it was a perfect holder for your french fires and ketchup. The modern day cardboard stuff is bland.

66int39no3201.webp

 
I don't miss the Styrofoam but I do miss the happy meal boxes. I get them for my boy on occasion and it just comes in a bag. Weak.
 
I don't miss the Styrofoam but I do miss the happy meal boxes. I get them for my boy on occasion and it just comes in a bag. Weak.
Really? We still have the cardboard boxes here. The handle is in the shape of the arch. I just got some about 3 weeks ago.

 
Really? We still have the cardboard boxes here. The handle is in the shape of the arch. I just got some about 3 weeks ago.
Maybe that is up to the specific franchisee. I've only been to the local one lately.

 
Update- Went to the local McD's and they had the happy meal box this time. Weird.
 
their smoky gold sauce which just came out goes well with the mccrispy strips

that's about as safe as it gets there

the other thing i get now is they have pumpkin pies
 
their smoky gold sauce which just came out goes well with the mccrispy strips

that's about as safe as it gets there

the other thing i get now is they have pumpkin pies
Do you like their strips? I heard they were taking heat because people weren't liking them. Maybe they made a change.
 
Do you like their strips? I heard they were taking heat because people weren't liking them. Maybe they made a change.
the first batch i got were rubbery and I threw half of them away. I like em good enough now though. Good if you are in a pinch, health wise anyway. Probably use canola oil

to me they aren't as good as the chicken selects were but decent

the only thing I liked besides them in the last 10 years were the japapeno quarter pounder with cheese

someone once told me, though, that their hamburgers stay fresh for like 15+ years. unnaturally... because of the chemicals. I don't know if it's true but I tend not to eat fast food a lot for that reason
 
McDonalds quarter pounders are what I consider McDonalds 'real' hamburger. It just tastes different and is on its own level. It's the most 'real' tasting hamburger. You're probably not wrong @raspberry_farmer , there are enough preservatives and chemicals to keep them fresh for year, but they are so damn good. :love: I wouldn't want to make a steady diet out of McDonalds every day, but eating there here and there isn't going to kill you.

As far as chicken strips go, I think Dairy Queen has decent chicken strips they are good, Mcdonalds chicken nuggets gross me out. Wendy's are decent. The best are probably from local cafes.
 
Looks like McDonald’s might be dropping thier prices already, I just say a ad for a Big Mac combo at only $8 now.
 
I got that Mac in me. The $8 price point for the Big Mac meal is where it should be also almost seemed like the burger was larger as well.
 
Back
Top