What's new

Ruger AR-556

Got er home. I like the sites and compact nature of it. Close quarters it would work nicely. Seems like about half the weight of the bushmaster which has a bi-pod on it. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Got er home. I like the sites and compact nature of it. Close quarters it would work nicely. 
Morale_Patched_-_7.18.2016-1-15.jpg


 
Gotta clean er thoroughly and give it a go. 
Ran any rounds though this yet?I cleaned one of my pistols last night from when me @jmanz went shooting. Gonna do another tonight. It's kinda fun actually.

 
Ran any rounds though this yet?I cleaned one of my pistols last night from when me @jmanz went shooting. Gonna do another tonight. It's kinda fun actually.
The wife hates the cleaning fluid smell. Have to go out to the garage or barn to do it. 

 
What round should a guy get for AR556? (Target/home defense) (no steel)  I've looked at a bunch of them but can't decide.  
 
I have been just using Wolf ammo .223, since I can get it for about $6 locally for 20 rounds. They are just FMJ, great for target shooting. Home defense maybe a Hornady.

292054_ts.webp

 
That's a good price. Do they group well? I suppose in a defense emergency, they'd take out an attacker. 
 
That's a good price. Do they group well? I suppose in a defense emergency, they'd take out an attacker. 
Quite well actually. I have used Wolf ammo a lot. Russian made and always a good price. My carry stuff I always go with a hollow point, but for target shooting works great.

 
When you think about it, that's what 22 magnum prices were for the longest time. I wonder why 22 magnum gouges a guy so heavy? 
 
When you think about it, that's what 22 magnum prices were for the longest time. I wonder why 22 magnum gouges a guy so heavy? 
Supply and demand.

 
Back
Top