disclaimer: I have not watched Cpav's video... Anyway' date=' I get people complaining about a "fee" to play a game. really there isn't one if you are a guy that buys the game in a store anyway. you get a code and you activate it.They haven't said anything about lending, or if there would be a small fee, or how things like used games or better yet rental (gameFly) will work. What's the fee? The current price of the game (You know prices will drop over time on a game as they always do and you can buy), or for rental/lending is it some small fee for a limited time key ($5 a week or who knows). All of this hasn't been officially discussed.
As far as needing a key to activate your game, is that any different than Steam or any PC game really? In previous console cycles the technology or general availability of the technology to do this type of thing wasn't all that realistic, but as times change I don't know why anyone is surprised that consoles go this route. I don't care about the key concept at all. In fact, if it means I can install to HDD and play without the disc I'm all for it. I buy from stores, either new or after the price comes down, I don't sell my games, so the only thing I get from this is the benefit of not having to change discs if I want to switch to a different game...
[/quote']
But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said.
"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."
"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.
"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.
So basically you pay full price.
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825