What's new

Xbox Gaming Discussion – Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Games & News

Somewhere in this convoluted thread there is an animated GIF, indicating people should get a PS4 rather than the Xbox One. Let's just remember that while you spend all this time bashing the Xbox One for the new game policies, which btw are still to be fully detailed, that the bottom line is it mostly has been left up to the publishers. Those same publishers have disbanded their online passes and such on all systems, so while Sony has been quiet and not the target of all the media frenzy, the same facts are most likely going to be true there as well.

E3 is gearing up for kick off, so I guess probably we'll know soon enough, and then I will pre-order my shiny Xbox One and nodle can order his Wii U, then sit on it and rotate.

 
No I just want to say this has nothing to do with my personal opinion. I am just kinda keeping this updated with everything coming out about the xbox one. More like a timeline. I am not for/against it. I love my xbox. I think it's the best gaming system out there over the others. I don't agree with alot of the drm feature on the new one, but I am not saying that I won't get one also. I am not really for any system. I think all of them have problems and things I don't like. This thread wasn't to bash ndboarder. It's just more of a collection of things spilling out. A timeline if you will.
 
No I just want to say this has nothing to do with my personal opinion. I am just kinda keeping this updated with everything coming out about the xbox one. More like a timeline. I am not for/against it. I love my xbox. I think it's the best gaming system out there over the others. I don't agree with alot of the drm feature on the new one' date=' but I am not saying that I won't get one also. I am not really for any system. I think all of them have problems and things I don't like. This thread wasn't to bash ndboarder. It's just more of a collection of things spilling out. A timeline if you will.[/quote']
My problem is it is a timeline of both true and inaccurate information. The DRM stuff kinda sucks, but I don't think any new platform will be free of it. I read something yesterday about many gamers who have hacked a system and get games free and while they can figure out how to do it, they don't realize or understand the illegality and when a publisher finds a way to stop them they end up calling to complain they can't play their game anymore. Like calling the RIAA to complain your pirated music got corrupted, or calling Microsoft because your pirated copy of Windows quit working. As long as people are cheating the system, the companies will push for ways to try to prevent them from doing so. A lot is publisher greed, but it's also a little self inflicted by the community. Anyone that's ever used a cart or other option to get by without paying for a publishers work should be quiet and shoulder the blame. Plus really it's just coming in line with PC gaming. How many of your Steam games can you resell or borrow to a friend anyway.

Edit: Let's not forget that the Wii U is a current gen system. Yes it just came out, but really it's basically just to get Nintendo on par with the current gen (360/PS3). Once the next-gen systems are out the Wii U is going to be well behind the times again in most ways.

At any rate, nodle can still sit on it and rotate, regardless of whether this thread existed or not...
 
My problem is it is a timeline of both true and inaccurate information. The DRM stuff kinda sucks' date=' but I don't think any new platform will be free of it. I read something yesterday about many gamers who have hacked a system and get games free and while they can figure out how to do it, they don't realize or understand the illegality and when a publisher finds a way to stop them they end up calling to complain they can't play their game anymore. Like calling the RIAA to complain your pirated music got corrupted, or calling Microsoft because your pirated copy of Windows quit working. As long as people are cheating the system, the companies will push for ways to try to prevent them from doing so. A lot is publisher greed, but it's also a little self inflicted by the community. Anyone that's ever used a cart or other option to get by without paying for a publishers work should be quiet and shoulder the blame. Plus really it's just coming in line with PC gaming. How many of your Steam games can you resell or borrow to a friend anyway.Edit: Let's not forget that the Wii U is a current gen system. Yes it just came out, but really it's basically just to get Nintendo on par with the current gen (360/PS3). Once the next-gen systems are out the Wii U is going to be well behind the times again in most ways.
At any rate, nodle can still sit on it and rotate, regardless of whether this thread existed or not...

[/quote']

:D Love you ndboarder. :wub:
 
$500 debut price for Xbox. PS4 will be $400. Cha Ching
Unlikely, but I guess we'll see. I'd assume the PS4 will be the same.Despite anything else, the last I saw in articles, the Xbox One was ahead of the PS4 in pre-orders leading up to E3

 
This was according to a live yahoo blog from an xbox press conference today.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think Sony can take this next generation. Here is all they have to do:

  1. No DRM - This is a big deal to alot of people
     
     
     
  2. Make Camera optional - Another big deal with all this spying stuff coming out
     
     
     
  3. Keep a low price point.
     
     
     





 
Microsoft's new Terms of Use: "You should not expect any level of privacy"

PPhtJAI.webp

 
I actually think Sony can take this next generation. Here is all they have to do:

  1. No DRM - This is a big deal to alot of people
     
     
     
  2. Make Camera optional - Another big deal with all this spying stuff coming out
     
     
     
  3. Keep a low price point.
     
     
     
1. Won't happen, they've actually already said stuff will be up to publishers, they just haven't said as much as MS, so they haven't gotten the heat on them yet, but pretty sure DRM is already in their console. Every publisher would've left and flocked to Xbox if they didn't and MS did (or vice versa). Which btw, was interesting to see the once PS exclusive Insomniac studio announcing an Xbox One title today
2. It may be optional

3. Read a rumor that they will have 3 versions, ranging from $399 to $599 (perhaps the lowest one will have a smaller drive and meet your 2nd ask)

 
Only thing that give hopes is I know Sony themselves made fun of DRM last week in a Twitter post. But I think that is the thing everyone is waiting to hear.
 
I'm saying hat this isn't really "new" news. The TOU has not been updated recently. You can read the full TOU at the link below, which has been the effective TOU since last October (2012).

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing that give hopes is I know Sony themselves made fun of DRM last week in a Twitter post. But I think that is the thing everyone is waiting to hear.
Besides, we all know when Sony makes DRM it includes root kits and hacks you

 
Besides' date=' we all know when Sony makes DRM it includes root kits and hacks you[/quote']
You are correct. I think they were the first ones to introduce rootkits.
 
Back
Top