What's new

All things related to the Xbox platforms

Yeah, for any devs planning to make half assed Kinect games and hope someone might buy it just because, not so great. For them I would think if they make a solid game (the Disney thing they are working on or a new Dance Central) they'd sell fine to their core audience anyway who will get a Kinect just for those types of games that they know are coming.

Plus if anyone ever thinks they might want to use Skype, broadcast themselves on Twitch, record video or voice narration of gameplay captures, use voice commands, or play a Kinect game - they would be smartest just to buy the Xbox One that has it bundled. I'll bet anyone $399 that if they buy an Xbox One for $399 they'll eventually be paying more than $100 for the stand alone Kinect if/when they decide they want one for any one of those scenarios.

 
This was worth it for the early adopters wasn't it? Not to bad for an extra $100

eVbeUQ6.webp

 
This was worth it for the early adopters wasn't it? Not to bad for an extra $100eVbeUQ6.webp
Yes it was worth it, BUT your sensationalizing it as costing an extra $100. The price drop to $399 is not an actual drop, we both know it. Saving that $100 means you won't have the Kinect, so the achievement did not cost anyone $100.From some of what I've read, I'm wondering whether offering the Kinect-less package is in any way linked to getting the Xbox One into the market in China later this year.

 
Yes it was worth it, BUT your sensationalizing it as costing an extra $100. The price drop to $399 is not an actual drop, we both know it. Saving that $100 means you won't have the Kinect, so the achievement did not cost anyone $100. From some of what I've read, I'm wondering whether offering the Kinect-less package is in any way linked to getting the Xbox One into the market in China later this year.
You could be right, I don't think the NSA is allowed over there. ;)
 
Microsoft offering refunds for Xbox Live Gold users who wish to cancel in June

Will I be able to cancel my Gold membership?Yes. Once the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates become available in June, Xbox Live Gold members who purchased a paid membership before that day can cancel and receive a pro-rata refund of any unused remaining days between the date of cancellation and the date their paid Gold membership ends. Cancellation and pro-rata refund requests must be made by August 31, 2014 and require six to eight weeks for processing. Free or trial Gold memberships are not eligible for a refund. To request your pro-rata refund, please click http://support.xbox.com/contact-us after the system updates become available in June.
 
Man alot of guys are dumping their xbox's after this announcement. Might not had been a smart move by Microsoft. Looks like they lose more business than make business.
 
So, question for anyone here? How do they win? I'd say the articles and all the stuff you see against it is just people jumping on a band wagon getting some click bait articles to make their ad revenue.

Honestly, why are people bitching? People have been begging for the Gold requirement to be removed from Netflix/Hulu/HBO/etc for years. Obviously a number of people wanted the console with an option to not have a Kinect. Many of the same game places probably wrote shit blasting them for not having that option.

Now they listen, give you options, only require gold for gamers and add great benefits to having it, and people want to bitch and moan? They didn't say the Kinect isn't supported, it isn't dead. It's not like Harmonix or others are going to stop making their games. Voice commands and all that still works.

This all goes back to my own made up statistic that 99% of the population are morons, of which I have yet to see disproven.

 
I guess I don't know what to think. Why do you feel it's so bad? I don't see as much bad as all these sites and forums are making it out to be. People hated the fact that they couldn't buy the system without the kinect and the price it launched at. They lower the price by removing the kinect as part of the package. Now everyone says it's their downfall. People don't know what they want. If they wanted games and were gamers they would just enjoy playing games. Both systems are short on big games at the moment so nobody can say one system has better games then the other. It's all preference. You want Infamous, Killzone and the Show then get a PS4. You want Titanfall and well whatever else then get an XBox. Games will come and in the end I don't want any system to fail because I want them both to last a long time and have great games to play.

As for the people dumping their systems, which I actually doubt since it's the internet and people ALWAYS tell the truth, they are just talking like idiots. They will keep the system and end up sitting back down and playing their games or using it for whatever else they use it for. Those that do sell well best of luck,. You already spent $500 and whatever else on games and accessories so MS has your initial purchase already. They are selling it used at a loss so that's kick in the nuts part 2. Good games will come and they will want it again and have to buy it again.

Before you say kool aid @nodle I am not saying I like everything MS is announcing and I agree that Sony and the PS4 has not been going back and forth with the system. Sony came out from the start with a gaming system and have been holding that as top priority all along and that's awesome. Makes me glad to have the system but I just don't understand how MS making their announcements would make anyone get rid of their system or make it any worse. Are people mad at not being to fully own the free games like we used to on the 360 with the games for gold program? Are people upset about the kinect now possibly heading down the road of a useless piece of hardware? Is it something else?

 
So, question for anyone here? How do they win? I'd say the articles and all the stuff you see against it is just people jumping on a band wagon getting some click bait articles to make their ad revenue.Honestly, why are people bitching? People have been begging for the Gold requirement to be removed from Netflix/Hulu/HBO/etc for years. Obviously a number of people wanted the console with an option to not have a Kinect. Many of the same game places probably wrote shit blasting them for not having that option.Now they listen, give you options, only require gold for gamers and add great benefits to having it, and people want to bitch and moan? They didn't say the Kinect isn't supported, it isn't dead. It's not like Harmonix or others are going to stop making their games. Voice commands and all that still works.

This all goes back to my own made up statistic that 99% of the population are morons, of which I have yet to see disproven.
Kind of where I was heading with my point. Please don't skip over my point I said over and over and over and nobody listens(@nodle I mean you). I like games and play all games that I find to my liking be it a PC, an XBox One, XBox 360, PS3, PS4, Nintendo Wii or any other system ever made. I am not a fanboy so stop being one too. It's fine to have your opinions and pick one system over the other but do it to enjoy the games they offer and not because a bunch of internet talk is trashing the other system. Maybe I am spinning circles with my comments and thoughts but my end point is quit gathering all the over blown reactions from people, sites and forums on the internet and letting that make up your mind. Nobody seems to be pleased by anything anyway.

 
I think the early adopters are mad. I also think that people think they will just scrap Kinect now. Also it seems like everything xbox said they just keep back peddling on. Sony has just stuck to a gaming system and that's all. Truthfully I don't really care I just want the best system for my money which I am still trying to decided on.

dP3KVgh.gif

 
it seems like everything xbox said they just keep back peddling
So, you gonna answer my question? How do they win? Months ago, you wanted them to change things. Now they listen and make changes and you bitch because they listened and call it back peddling.Do you want a company to listen to you and make changes based on your feedback?

 
I guess I should had used the word "flipflopped" Everything from DRM, and to saying that will never get rid of Kinect is what I would consider "flippflopping". I think the new guy in charge so he is looking to set things right, so I can't blame all of Balmer's problems on him
 
I think you should look more at the new head of Xbox as a reason for these changes, rather than the MS CEO, who I'm sure has some interest in Xbox and all, but I'd doubt it is much of Ballmer vs. Satya causing any Xbox related changes as much as it is Mattrick vs. Spencer

Call it back peddle, call it flip flop. You still aren't answering the question. Do you want a company to listen to your feedback and do something with it, or just ignore your existence and stay the course the way they want? Seems to be a catch 22, don't listen and people are pissed, listen and make changes, and the SAME people get pissed because you listened and changed what they were pissed about.

 
Call it back peddle, call it flip flop. You still aren't answering the question. Do you want a company to listen to your feedback and do something with it, or just ignore your existence and stay the course the way they want? Seems to be a catch 22, don't listen and people are pissed, listen and make changes, and the SAME people get pissed because you listened and changed what they were pissed about.
No I just want them to do it right out of the box. Or gimme a free system. ;)
 
So I went and checked and guess what? My XBox One still plays games like I expected it to so it's doing what I bought it for out of the box. People are making the news seem like MS is going to swap the hardware and start selling Atari's covered in an XBox One shell.

I don't know why we can't agree on that both have strengths and weaknesses. Sure "flip flopping" could have been avoided by knowing and making the system that gamers wanted to begin with but I see it as steps in a good direction because they are listening to a point. In the end both are short on good quality games. More games need to be released on both systems.

 
Back
Top